Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a south bend clutch and flywheel in my truck and from day one have had a super loud clatter from the clutch while either lugging in a gear some in low RPM or in nuetral with the clutch released. They said that you will experience some clatter due to the upgraded springs but this is LOUD. My buddy just put the same clutch and flywheel in his 96 and you cant hear a thing. Dont take this the wrong way- I am NOT blaming south bend for this issue and have been very happy with the performance of the clutch. I am just curious as to what would cause a clutch to create this much noise? Has anybody else experienced anything like this? FYI I now have over 19,000 miles on the clutch and it has not changed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Biggest thing is I wanna know if I should be concerned as I get into higher mileage...

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have not had one, but i have heard of guys saying theirs rattle, but if it is super loud i would be complaining too...

·
Registered
572 Posts
i have a SBC with about 500 miles on it. i have the 375 HP clutch, and i dont notice any chatter. there is a little bit of grabiness and i feel a little somthing in the pedal sometimes in reverse....but other then that...its a really nice quiet clutch

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a SBC with about 500 miles on it. i have the 375 HP clutch, and i dont notice any chatter. there is a little bit of grabiness and i feel a little somthing in the pedal sometimes in reverse....but other then that...its a really nice quiet clutch
So it must be a defect somehwere. That seems to be what everybody has said....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the 450hp ofe and it went out with 16,000miles the other day but it was due to bent fork and possible hyd problems. Mine chattered though
Chattered how im explaining mine? Lugging even the slightest bit or in nuetral with the clutch decompressed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts