1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
scuffs *****
5,267 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I never would have thought to put 2 compressors back to back in one package like that. Very cool. :thumb:

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The lack of any manual transmissions kinda sucks! Hopefully after some years they'll bring it back or some aftermarket company comes up with an adapter. Engine-wise, I'm looking forward to seeing it in customers' hands! Certainly looks promising.

·
Bring On The Snow
1,649 Posts
I still wonder if they are keeping the powerstroke name? Some places in there they say powerstroke and some they say scorpion:dunno:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Can't wait to see how it does :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I still wonder if they are keeping the powerstroke name? Some places in there they say powerstroke and some they say scorpion:dunno:
Scorpion is a 'code name'. Like anything undergoing testing, etc. they use code names when sending info around so it takes longer for everyone to catch on what it actually is. Scorpion has nothing to do with an official product name.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Should be interesting, definitely need to see how it pans out with all the new emissions crap being added for 2010.

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
The lack of any manual transmissions kinda sucks! Hopefully after some years they'll bring it back or some aftermarket company comes up with an adapter. Engine-wise, I'm looking forward to seeing it in customers' hands! Certainly looks promising.
I dunno about that. the 5 speeds are a huge step above the old 4r100 and if these new 6 speeds are as good or better than the 5 I really don't see a need for a manual.

I would gladly swap to a 5r100 if it would bolt up to my 7.3. The only reason I got a manual is because I have the 7.3. 6.0 or 6.4 I'd have 0 problems owning an auto.

Think near the end of the article it mentioned Ford kept the rights to the "Powerstroke" name.:thumb:
:ditto: it says in the article that ford owns the rights to the "powerstroke" name and that this new motor will continue to carry it.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I dunno about that. the 5 speeds are a huge step above the old 4r100 and if these new 6 speeds are as good or better than the 5 I really don't see a need for a manual.

I would gladly swap to a 5r100 if it would bolt up to my 7.3. The only reason I got a manual is because I have the 7.3. 6.0 or 6.4 I'd have 0 problems owning an auto.

The article said that the engine will use a SAE specified bolt pattern for the transmission mount. They want to keep their options open with respect to transmission choices. They were implying that they were going to use heavy duty truck transmissions for their F-650-850 series. There has got to be a heavy duty manual truck transmission that would bolt up if it is a standard bolt pattern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.