Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Be sure to make it to Gruene to the Rockin' R. Best tubing around, and there's a bar right on the river when you get back.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright! Everything is now set up! All you have to do is show up and tell them you are with LSP and they will take your money at the door. $20 per head for the whole weekend. Bring your tents and you air mattresses or just bring your truck, but be sure to be there and help celebrate the inaugural GTG of of LSP!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Is this, this weekend? why do I find out so late about this stuff?!!!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this, this weekend? why do I find out so late about this stuff?!!!
:hehe::hehe: No, its the weekend of the 20-22 of June. Gotta be on the Texas based threads more often! :hehe:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Haha yeah I guess I do. I will be moving to Randolph AFB in a month or 2 so I will be alot closer to meet up with you guys more often. For a min there I thought I was going to have to rearrange my weekend to get out there. I love the river!!!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha yeah I guess I do. I will be moving to Randolph AFB in a month or 2 so I will be alot closer to meet up with you guys more often. For a min there I thought I was going to have to rearrange my weekend to get out there. I love the river!!!
So you think you'll be able to make it?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

OK guy's I gave her my credit card. It's all done. I attached a picture of the camp area and our area is circled. In our area is 4 real campsite. We negotiated 20$ per person for the whole weekend. You can show up as early as Friday 2pm. Sign in at the front desk under "LSP MEMBERS" They will collect 20$ per head w/ you. And hand you a wrist band, The band is for a reduced tube rate of 13$ per tube. If you have any questions, Please feel free to PM me or Nix.
I look forward to meeting everyone. I also suggest bringing some shade if you can, Umbrellas or awnings or such. I believe we have 4ea fire and grill sites, So I am going to bring an extra grill. I will be showing up Saturday morning orFriday night, Just don't know yet.

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
Cool, I may show up Friday evening.
Just a couple of questions, are there showers near by (might be pretty rank by Sunday mornin) & some directions to get there (sorry I've got prehistoric dial-up service & it takes forever to get anywhere)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Cool, I may show up Friday evening.
Just a couple of questions, are there showers near by (might be pretty rank by Sunday mornin) & some directions to get there (sorry I've got prehistoric dial-up service & it takes forever to get anywhere)
Yes there are showers right next to were are camp site is. Direction- I am going to assume you will be on 35. Let's say you are coming from San Antonio, I will give you the long way but easy, Long I mean an extra 20 mins.:dunno: Take I35 North from San Antonio about 10-14 miles. Exit " Canyon Lake " Exit Also named Cty Rd 306. Left on 306 (The only way to go) Toward Canyon Lake about 15-22 miles or so, After the first time you go over the river Take your first Left, There will be a light, It is a 3 way stop,( There Will be tube rental places and a drive through beer barn on the left) You will be going toward the city " Satler" it's about 3-4 miles. There will be only one blinking light when you get into Satler. There will be a Diamond Shamrock on the left. That is your last convenient store so stock up. Road name "River Road" Take a left there. Follow river road about 2-3 miles, L & L will be on the right hand side. If you ever get lost, Just stop and tell someone you are trying to get to river road. Everyone knows were it is.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
(sorry I've got prehistoric dial-up service & it takes forever to get anywhere)
I here ya, I use RR HP wireless at home, VERY slow compared to my T1 at work. See ya at the G2G. Once again any questions. PM me please.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Great job, Bryan!!!:thumb:

What time is shove off for tubing? I'll be coming up from San Antonio.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great job, Bryan!!!:thumb:

What time is shove off for tubing? I'll be coming up from San Antonio.
The earlier the better in my opinion. At least go up to the office early in the morning and get your tubes or rafts or whatever your using. If you have your own tubes, you can use those and just pay a $8 shuttle ride so they bring you back to the camp when you get out of the river. The reason I say get your tubes and stuff early is that the line builds fast and moves slow. Stood in line for like an hour last saturday morning!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, dont forget a waterproof container! Very important. If you have cash or a check card on you, a waterproof container comes in handy. Also, for smokers like me....they make a plastic carton just big enuff to hold a pack and MAYBE a lighter that is waterproof and can be tied off to your tube! Lifesaver when your havin a few beers!

A cheap way to do this is to take a water bottle and empty it and let it completely dry out. Then you can dump ur cigs in there and they will stay dry. Just tie a rope or string around the top and tie it off! Save yourself the $5 or so for the plastic box.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Also, dont forget a waterproof container! Very important. If you have cash or a check card on you, a waterproof container comes in handy. Also, for smokers like me....they make a plastic carton just big enuff to hold a pack and MAYBE a lighter that is waterproof and can be tied off to your tube! Lifesaver when your havin a few beers!

A cheap way to do this is to take a water bottle and empty it and let it completely dry out. Then you can dump ur cigs in there and they will stay dry. Just tie a rope or string around the top and tie it off! Save yourself the $5 or so for the plastic box.
Look at you, Pure genius:thumb:. I am leaning toward showing up Saturday morning, Unless I get a wild hair. Nix, Did you say there were different spots to get out of the river, My son will be 5yrs by that time, And I think he will only make it a hour or two, Plus I have a big round raft about 3 ft in diameter I used for our daughter to be in the pool because of her cast ( no water gets in), Do you think that would be a better way to go for him, Or a regular tube w/ bottom, I ask you because my tubing skills went away with my LADY skills years ago:hehe:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Look at you, Pure genius:thumb:. I am leaning toward showing up Saturday morning, Unless I get a wild hair. Nix, Did you say there were different spots to get out of the river, My son will be 5yrs by that time, And I think he will only make it a hour or two, Plus I have a big round raft about 3 ft in diameter I used for our daughter to be in the pool because of her cast ( no water gets in), Do you think that would be a better way to go for him, Or a regular tube w/ bottom, I ask you because my tubing skills went away with my LADY skills years ago:hehe:
He will definitely need a life jacket for emergency's sake(if he falls out and cant swim or what have you). Either way on the tube shoudl be fine Bryan. The raft that you have, is the material fairly resielent? It will prolly bump into rocks or something. Just wouldnt want it popping on the river. I saw a couple last weekend with their 3yrold. She was in a tube with a bottom and did fine. Alot of it depends on how fast the river is running. It was at about 205cfm last weekend. Fairly slow. You can always check the Corps of Engineers who control the dam at Canyon Lake and they wil tell you how much water is flowing out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts