Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess after less than 300 miles I'm having the same problems. Turbo's shut off and get clatter from motor. This time truck is now in poor shape just running in park. I'm pretty sure dpf is completly clogged. Truck is sitting on trailer now waiting to go back to its other home. Let's see what happens this time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm so disapointed in Ford.... never in my wildest dreams did i think I would be reading so many complaints about this truck....

good luck dude.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think this would happen either. I think after this fix I'm going to trade it in. I have learned in the past that one problem leads to another and it never stops once it starts. So I will cross my fingers and see how it turns out. I will try to get video of it tonight to show what its doing.

·
Registered
659 Posts
man i tell you IH is killing ford it is to bad that after making such a good motor like the 7.3 that they could get it right but the 6.0 sucked and it is looking like the 6.4 is gunna also be a nightmare.it really is too bad because there is no truck like a ford!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't blame ford really. The EPA is killing the 6.4 and now I keep reading about them shuting the delete programs down. I figure they can make ford do it with them putting out thousands of diesel trucks a day. But once the truck is purchased the EPA should take a hike. Hell Oklahoma doesn't even safty inspect anymore. You should see the beaters running around smoking. It has to be the dpf the truck is hardly pushing air out the tailpipe. Who knows anymore.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup, the new motors and emissions are junk. I bought another Dodge for work because the Ford has been in the shop 6 times and gets horrible fuel mileage. Dodge may not be as nice on the inside but it don't rattle like the Ford does and its never seen a dirt road in its life.Its gonna be a yard ornament intil it sells or Ford buys it back LOL.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Personally I dont really like Fords but this isnt Ford's fault its not there engine so dont blame them. But at the same time dont bash International. Its all the EPA's fault. Now I know it has to be done but still you have to blame some body. Remember back in the early 80's (or late 70's I dont know when it started I wasnt alive back then) when emmision controls started being put on gas engines. Every vehicle Iv ever seen from that era has been horrible. Once the diesel field has adjusted to meeting these new emmision standards the quality will be back. Its not just IH that is having problems with this all Amarican (cant say anything about euro and asian companys because I dont know) diesel companys are to. Cat is even stopping on road engine production next year because they cant make any money and still meet the new laws.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why you need to pull off the DOC/DPF and get that sucker tuned!
I agree with you. Just one thing has me held up. I want to make sure the truck is running great before I delete the pipe and tune. With the luck I'm having I don't want to do all this and then have a motor problem. I would have to put it back in stock form and take it in. So untill I get the truck running good stock. I will hold off on the good's:icon_ford:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still have not taken truck to ford. The service mgr said the tech I use is taking a class, and will be back this coming Monday. Just kicking around today I started it back up and took it off the trailer. She blew out some blue smoke for a bit and the went into regen finally and now is running better. I'm pretty sure it has a dead cylinder with it's rough idle. I love my truck and hope it can be fixed. You could say today was a good day. At least now I can drive it to the dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford is going to pull the cab off to fix my truck. Truck as I said has a dead cylinder and there going to pull the heads. Everything sounds good so far. Service mgr. said a couple of days and I should have it back.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
That was a STUPID STUPID STUPID move on ford to add all the emissions bull sheit. diesels themselves do not put out the harmful chemicals like cars do. they essentially caused more problems by making something that would have worked great overly complicated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Leave it to the government(EPA) to screw it, something that is working, up completely. I think it is a combo effect with the mandated ULSD and the emissions controls on diesels. the only thing they could do to further screw it up is make the general public get special class licenses just to drive a diesel vehicle. Just my.02 worth.

qball1976

·
Registered
8 Posts
same thing happened here, I bet you have dropped an injector. I've had 3 replaced so far. Not happy with Ford either.:(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow four pistons and a new head, what happened?
:dunno: I was speeding down the road and then it happend. I will post pics of the smoke this thing was blowing out after it finally went into regen. When I get the truck back I will tell the whole story. Should pick it up tomorrow after work:woot::woot::woot::icon_ford:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts