Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys bought a salvage title Powerstroke. The one I am looking at, had some stuff taken off it and the paint messed up. It was keyed on the sides and on the hood. Tailgate and exhaust pipe taken. Seems alright, and it is a really good price. Wanting to know if anyone has given it a shot, and was it a good or bad experience. I can honestly get this truck a 6.4 for half the price. Really tempted. Appreciate the input. Thanks. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NO ONE has?????

·
Registered
568 Posts
6.4 have some problems just like any other truck, just more expensive to fix. Why not just save up and get something with more then a $7,000 resell value?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see what you are saying. Def want a 6.4 though. MY way of forfilling Champagne taste on a beer budget. I dont plan to resale for a long time. Keep it as mine

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
That's a tough call. You wouldn't be into it for much money, but the repairs can be quite expensive especially if you don't know what (if anything) is wrong with it. It's definitely a gamble. Best of luck to you in your decision.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Drive it, if at all possible. That should help you figure out what, if anything else, is wrong with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Talk to your insurance company too they may not insure vehicles with a salvage title

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
All of my vehicles have been/ are with a salvaged title... My truck is the FIRST rig I've gotten with a clean title...

I like the half off deals and if you fix it right, the right buyer will come later down the road and you will either make money on it or atleast come out even... But even coming even is nice compared to loosing money on a new vehicle/ leasing a car:nod:

You get to use it and sell it for the same money... Free vehicle use baby:woot

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the opinions guys. Going to drive it soon. The only things wrong are paint, tailgate, and exhaust was stolen. Not wrecked or anything, so that is good. Vandalised.
Talked to my insurance they said they would, but if I ever have a loss claim it will be for value of that type of wehicle...obviously.
Thanks Six0. I think what I neede to hear is other people have done it and were happy with there choice. Hopefully pics soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of driving it, I had a list of things to look at with the 7.3 I had when I bought it. Any hot items I should be looking for on a 6.4? IE red flags that say....WALK AWAY!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts