Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to upgrade from a stock turbo, to an S366 in my 2004 Powerstroke. I am currently running stock sticks (I understand i'll need bigger). My question is, is it just a drop in turbo, or does it require the T4 kit? I don't want to spend the $1,600 if it is not necessary. Also, are reasonable size injectors? I want my truck to still be a street truck with some power. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
Requires a T4 kit, you'll hate the 366 on stock stick, not enough fuel to get it to light well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what I figured. Are there any "drop in" turbos that doesn't require that kit? I'm thinking 205/30's for injectors but still not for sure. I would love to hit 600 rwhp.

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
yeah thats what I figured. Are there any "drop in" turbos that doesn't require that kit? I'm thinking 205/30's for injectors but still not for sure. I would love to hit 600 rwhp.
KC Turbos S2R its outstanding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't those also in the $1,600 range? If I spent that much I would probably just go with the s366.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true. With the KC stage 2, does it require anything that the stock turbo doesn't?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay cool. Ill definitely consider it then. What injectors would you recommend? There are so many forums about injectors and it is making me go crazy to say the least haha. Like I said, I want it to make some power, but still be a daily driver. I do not tow with it, so I'm not worried about not being able to haul 12k pound loads.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Okay cool. Ill definitely consider it then. What injectors would you recommend? There are so many forums about injectors and it is making me go crazy to say the least haha. Like I said, I want it to make some power, but still be a daily driver. I do not tow with it, so I'm not worried about not being able to haul 12k pound loads.
205/30s will be the maximum size the stage 2 can clean up IIRC

Reactions: Bowe6.0
1 - 10 of 10 Posts