Discussion Starter #1
which is a better buy for my 02 f250....the S&B intake or the airaid??:dunno:
any help would be appreciated.
thanks
eric

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I prefer S&B over airraid, just because of the simple fact that the S&B has the Plexiglas lid and the airaid does not

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
S&B:woot::woot:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I don't like the way mine seperated from itself. The ruber that keeps it from rubbing or hitting is barely on there any more.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Hey boss my brother is set on S&B. Not sure why but he likes em. Anyhow I finally found out where to put post like this. On the top click forums, scroll down and you wil see 6.4 forums, 6.0 forums, and then 7.3 forums. It has general discusion, performance parts, and that is where this questions and others like it would go. The rest if self explanatory. Need any other help on the right place to post PM me or hit me on myspace. Good luck, did you race that cummins yet? and whats up on those injectors?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey boss my brother is set on S&B. Not sure why but he likes em. Anyhow I finally found out where to put post like this. On the top click forums, scroll down and you wil see 6.4 forums, 6.0 forums, and then 7.3 forums. It has general discusion, performance parts, and that is where this questions and others like it would go. The rest if self explanatory. Need any other help on the right place to post PM me or hit me on myspace. Good luck, did you race that cummins yet? and whats up on those injectors?
haha thanks man. nah we havent yet its on the 19 of this month in tulsa. i cant wait ima show him up again haha. and i cant find any new injectors or anything so if you see anything like injectors, a ts, sct, or intake let me know. thanks man

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Ok I couldnt remember if it was the 19th or the 9th. Good luck, I love watching these PSDs whoop up on the ole cummins. Ill keep my eyes out for those parts but FORTUNATELY the live wire wont work with the 7.3. I dang sure hope they are working on that. Check craigslist for injectors. I believe I have been seeing the in Dallas, Houston or Austin. Ill post the links when i see them again.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
If you want all out performance and dont realy care about bling factor. Get a tymar Or a 6637 filter. All you need is a 6" piece of 4"od pipe and the filter you can do this for about $50.00.

Here is a pic of a 6637 on a 600HP truck:nod::thumb:

if he could make more HP running a bling setup i am sure he would.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you want all out performance and dont realy care about bling factor. Get a tymar Or a 6637 filter. All you need is a 6" piece of 4"od pipe and the filter you can do this for about $50.00.

Here is a pic of a 6637 on a 600HP truck:nod::thumb:

if he could make more HP running a bling setup i am sure he would.
this i can respect

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was initially looking at the S&B myself. Clean, simple, with a little extra isolation from engine heat. Also the most affordable out of the CAI's on the market. However, what's the purpose of an aftermarket intake? MORE AIR. My recomendation is to just go to Napa, and get yourself a 6637 filter. (about $50) I connected mine to my intake tube w/ a couple pieces of PVC pipe ($10) So now, I have more air than the S&B, for about 25% of the cost. Not too bad if you ask me.

Here's the write up on the DIY intake. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-mod-help/4413-diy-intake.html
Just scroll down and see a couple versions. SD 7.3 and OBS 7.3.

mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts