Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Is this still the preferred intake for our trucks? Price is right that's for sure. Need something to feed my MTW stage 2 that's on the way :thumb:

I guess the real question is what's better the cleanable filter or dry filter ? According to their website the cleanable one flows more but is slightly less efficient...I do the the truck off road so i need most filtration possible.

Where can you buy replacement filter? Where are you guys buying the kit from?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I like my S&B kit REALLY well. I do need to get a replacement filter though as it has been about 15000 miles since I put this on my truck. You can buy the replacements through S&B. I'm not sure where the best place is to buy the kit at.

I went with the cleanable filters because they do flow and filter better and only cost $10 more so I just change mine once a year and throw it away even though it is cleanable.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
If your interested i'm going to go back to using stock filter and am going to sell my S & B. I still have the original packaging, instructions and hardware. Make me a fair offer and its yours its in great shape just needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like my S&B kit REALLY well. I do need to get a replacement filter though as it has been about 15000 miles since I put this on my truck. You can buy the replacements through S&B. I'm not sure where the best place is to buy the kit at.

I went with the cleanable filters because they do flow and filter better and only cost $10 more so I just change mine once a year and throw it away even though it is cleanable.
S&B website says the the cleanable filter has a slight lower efficiency even at a lower CFM compared to the dry one. They're also the same price.

Good to know you like yours.

I would buy the S&B intake with the filter sock for extra protection.

Order it from Alligator Performance... Ask for Bryan.

Diesel Performance Parts & Products | Alligator Performance
That sock is a great idea. Looks sweet. I'll probly get that !

·
Registered
139 Posts
I cant see the "sock" but I know what you are talking about i run outerware on my dirt racecar and it saves filters, its a must have in my Sport. And they are easy to clean and last for ever

Sent from my junk EVO 3D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the S&B with the non-cleanable filter. I run the piss out of my truck off road in dusty Florida red clay/mud. Filter was filthy, intake tubes and turbo were clean.

I don't like the reusable filters with the oiling and what not, I had bad experience with K&N. The dry filter works like a champ.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I promised Ben I would post these a while back. I bought an extra filter for mine and it was different from the original. I believe the higher part # is the better filter. The pic is looking at both the same way. The nose of the newer in indented with another layer of filtration for more flow. I would be sure to ask for this filter if any one buy a second.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Sorry second pic didn't upload.
I didnt take the wrap off of the one, thinking I would send it back. This will be my winter filter. My belief is that with the solid end my zoodad will not contaminate filter as bad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
If your interested i'm going to go back to using stock filter and am going to sell my S & B. I still have the original packaging, instructions and hardware. Make me a fair offer and its yours its in great shape just needs to be cleaned.
PM sent. What filter is it, oiled, or dry?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i ended up getting the oiled filter. We'll see how good it filters and weather or not i'll clean it or buy new when the time comes. I also got the filter wrap for extra insurance. I'll probly run it for the snowy winter and any dirty dusty conditions.

It actually just arrived along with XDP EGR delete says the wife. Im out of town. Still waiting on my MTW satge 2 anyways :D Getting all my ducks in a row for the work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.