Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just installed my S and B cold air intake last night. easy installation, took no more then 20 min, quicker if i didnt keep dropping the damn rubber washer for the battery tray.

everything fit well in place, except hard time lining up last screw for plastic air box cover.

engine sounds better, i can hear more air flow seems like, and noticed better throttle resopnse. I havent drove enough to tell mpg gains yet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Cool. I'm hoping my S&B shows up in the next day or so. Did u get oiled or dry? I ordered the dry one so all I gotta do is blow it out from time to time

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I'm hoping my S&B shows up in the next day or so. Did u get oiled or dry? I ordered the dry one so all I gotta do is blow it out from time to time

I got the oiled one, its easy to clean as well as the dry one, i would still replace the filter after 2 or 3 cleanings though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah that's probably what I'll do

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is your truck running with the stock air intake with the programmer and exhaust?

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's good. I have the filter back. In running dpf on tuning right now. But mixed city highway I can get around 17-18 mpg. The power is good to. I had to fill DEF at 5,000 miles yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
I just installed my S and B cold air intake last night. easy installation, took no more then 20 min, quicker if i didnt keep dropping the damn rubber washer for the battery tray.

everything fit well in place, except hard time lining up last screw for plastic air box cover.

engine sounds better, i can hear more air flow seems like, and noticed better throttle resopnse. I havent drove enough to tell mpg gains yet.
Might just tackle that project tomorrow.:D I was waiting to get my FREE oil change from the dealership before I swapped them out. Got that done today. ;)

·
Retired
596 Posts
Lmao about dropping the rubber washer for the battery tray. The install took me an hour because that damn thing dropped somewhere and I could not find it anywhere. Maybe a little adhesive on the bottom of that washer would help. Love the intake. It's been great so far.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might just tackle that project tomorrow.:D I was waiting to get my FREE oil change from the dealership before I swapped them out. Got that done today. ;)
Wow, haha I did the exact same thing. I installed it the day after my free dealership maintance.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lmao about dropping the rubber washer for the battery tray. The install took me an hour because that damn thing dropped somewhere and I could not find it anywhere. Maybe a little adhesive on the bottom of that washer would help. Love the intake. It's been great so far.
Haha, no kidding. I dropped it like 6 times and my buddy finally stay under the truck to find it quickly, lol I have you noticed a mileage increase yet?

·
Retired
596 Posts
Haha, no kidding. I dropped it like 6 times and my buddy finally stay under the truck to find it quickly, lol I have you noticed a mileage increase yet?
In central IL, I am either driving into a 25+ MPH wind or against it. There is no way of getting accurate mileage here. All of our diesel is also "bio-diesel blend" due to being surrounded by this chit:

I'm sure there is an increase, but I will never know as long as I am here. :hehe: Throttle response is great.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Well S&B intake has been installed. Not too bad of an installation process. A little more involved than my 6.4. Can't say that I am overly inpressed with the product qaulity. Had to do more twisting and tweaking on the air box to get the holes for the clear cover to line up. Wasn't able to get one of them in so I will just have to make due with 3. Hpefully it will perform as good as the one I had on my 6.4. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In central IL, I am either driving into a 25+ MPH wind or against it. There is no way of getting accurate mileage here. All of our diesel is also "bio-diesel blend" due to being surrounded by this chit:

I'm sure there is an increase, but I will never know as long as I am here. :hehe: Throttle response is great.
Haha, alright I understand. Ya I have great throttle response but haven't noticed better mileage yet.

·
Retired
596 Posts
Well S&B intake has been installed. Not too bad of an installation process. A little more involved than my 6.4. Can't say that I am overly inpressed with the product qaulity. Had to do more twisting and tweaking on the air box to get the holes for the clear cover to line up. Wasn't able to get one of them in so I will just have to make due with 3. Hpefully it will perform as good as the one I had on my 6.4. :thumb:
I had a problem with the alignment as well. As you are looking at the filter from the front of the truck, bottom right big bolt? A small problem but I hear your concern. I got the 4th in but it is slanted.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had the same problem, I finally got the air box and cover tweaked enough to get the last screw in.

·
Retired
596 Posts
Is there a Mod that can change the title of this thread to "S&B" to make it easier to find in a search?

I did add some tags but this bolt/thread alignment is obviously a common issue. Other than that, the product has been great and looks great.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That bottom right big bolt or screw was the one I had trouble with as well. Sounds like common issue.

·
Retired
596 Posts
LFD132, thanks for being on top of it :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts