Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 08 F350 CCSB SRW and me and my father are looking into a travel trailer for the ranch and to use after deer season. My question is, is there a way for me to tow this in my CCSB without not being able to turn at all? I also have a standard over the rails weatherguard toolbox. I currently have a B&W flip over gooseneck ball in my truck, is there a 5th wheel adaptor to mount on this so I dont have to mount rails to the bed? or can I tow them with a gooseneck ball maybe some kind of adaptor?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
31,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Be careful turning is right with a short bed. Thankfully, I have not hit the cab in the 6 years I have been towing my 5th wheel, but I can turn almost 80* and have an extended pinbox. I have several friends that haven't been so lucky and have crushed the cab corner. Get an extended pinbox and/or an automatic slider hitch (like the superglide) and you'll never have to worry about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well there is something out there that is an easy solution made just for this. A B&W gooseneck extender that come in 4" ( Parts! | Facebook )

Or 10" Parts! | Facebook

As you can see the 4" extender slides into the turnover receiver and the 10" extender slides into the gooseneck tube on the trailer. You may be able to look into having a gooseneck tube installed on the trailer to accept the 10" extension.
I hope this has helped you and if you have any questions you can contact us through
www.mmtrailersale.com

·
Registered
230 Posts
My fifth wheel kingpin has an extension which converts to a gooseneck that was added from the factory by Pace. I also have a fifth wheel Curt 21k (slides for parking) that I will need to get an extension in order to use it without hitting my cab.

This is what mine looks like...

You might need something like this from what you describe...http://www.popuphitch.com/rv1.htm

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I think that Pace conversion is just an extended pin box with a GN adapter on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
weve had no problems with our 5th wheel and the shortbox, and we have a standard toolbox in it, i comes close to the top of the toolbox but our can be lifted allitle more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts