Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2035 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nice rig!! Oh, yea... Love the outdoor kitchen!!

Mark
My next camper (after the kids grow and don't want to come anymore) is going to have rear living area instead of bunks and an outdoor kitchen. For now, the bunkhouse style we need so the kids aren't sleeping on the couch or dinette.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Some fine looking RV's in this thread!

·
Registered
570 Posts
just sold my Jayco, it is going to Australia!

I bought this new in 05, we outgrew it, although I will miss it. I just sold it and it is being shipped to Australia, I am tempted to stow away, the new owner will be camping on the beach and towing it with a Nissan navarro tdi cc ute. I do still have the 3 way fridge to sell, anybody need one? ( the shipper would not accept the fridge due to the ammonia charge that could not be evacuated and certified).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My next camper (after the kids grow and don't want to come anymore) is going to have rear living area instead of bunks and an outdoor kitchen. For now, the bunkhouse style we need so the kids aren't sleeping on the couch or dinette.
Hey Bryce...I've seen bunkhouse models that have the outdoor kitchen. They came out about 6 months after we bought our bunkhouse!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Lake Powell Last Fall

I have posted this in other forums, but still a fun photo.

The 2006 F450, the 2010 Carriage, and the 1998 Nautique (hermetically sealed for the trip home).

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Mdarrough, I'm looking to get this exact camper. Do you find it to be to big, or just right.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
871 Posts
Only at some of the older state parks. Some are a little tight and have small spaces.

It is a load...about 14,500 lbs loaded. My '08 SRW would pull it, but the dually is way better. It tows good, but would be better if it had a little more of the weight on the pin.

Mark

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Huffing Diesel Fumes
218 Posts
I have posted this in other forums, but still a fun photo.

The 2006 F450, the 2010 Carriage, and the 1998 Nautique (hermetically sealed for the trip home).

I have always wondered. Is this legal for over the road transport?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Jallen3521:

The laws vary state to state, so you have to do your research. Be better educated than the person that challenges you, and carry written documentation or prepare to be documented by somebody else...

I can say that many of the laws regarding length are under Commercial Vehicle sections of the statutes. If you research places like AAA, there are tables showing length and combination rules for each state, but they tend to err on the Comercial side when statutes are not specific.

Sounds like a lawyer answer...

·
Huffing Diesel Fumes
218 Posts
Jallen3521:

The laws vary state to state, so you have to do your research. Be better educated than the person that challenges you, and carry written documentation or prepare to be documented by somebody else...

I can say that many of the laws regarding length are under Commercial Vehicle sections of the statutes. If you research places like AAA, there are tables showing length and combination rules for each state, but they tend to err on the Comercial side when statutes are not specific.

Sounds like a lawyer answer...
Yeah I know most weight/combination laws are geared towards commercial. My truck is registered as 7000lbs GVWR but weighs 7586lbs with a full tank of fuel and me in it.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Yeah I know most weight/combination laws are geared towards commercial. My truck is registered as 7000lbs GVWR but weighs 7586lbs with a full tank of fuel and me in it.

I guess just cheaper to register it lighter than the trucks actual GVWR?

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is what I got this June, have been out 3 times & getting used to it but really love it!!!

Adventurer Truck Camper Model 106DBS

Hoodsport, WA

41 - 60 of 2035 Posts