Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I changed my filters last week on my new to me 2008 F250 (140k miles) after I purchased it and noticed some discoloration at the bottom of the upper fuel filter housing. I didn't think too much of it while changing the fuel filter until I read a post with some information about the discoloration being rust and it lead to $8k in HPFP and injector repairs.

What can I do to at least keep it in as good of condition as I can from here on out? Do I need to do any other maintenance such as some sort of fuel system flush? If I have all the water out of the separator, can anymore be sitting somewhere in the fuel system that cannot work its way out?

I have already replaced both fuel filters and pulled the low pressure pump, cleaned it thoroughly, and replaced the drain valve. There was one little particle in there that I siphoned out while changing out the upper filter.

Any ideas would be great! Ugh, now I'm stressed out...

Thanks!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Holy crap, I hope it's not bad man! Now that u mention that, I haven't looked down in the filter bowl the last 3 times... I hope someone chimes in with some helpful info!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some pricing and new injectors are about $300 each give or take, fuel rails are $480, and new pump is $1200. So not quite the $8000 I was expecting. Although, that price was probably for a shop to do the work. F-that!

Well on the bright side, the truck runs like a top. I'm not too worried about it right now. I just want to know if I need to do any further work on the fuel system. I don't think water will stay in the fuel cooler or high pressure system if the low pressure pump is clean.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I would just run some fuel additive and hope for the best. :please:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it. might have came from your local fuel station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts