Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm a newbie, 'been hanging back kind of getting the feel of the forum. My truck is telling me it's time to say hello. Maybe someone can help.
I have a '96 250 7.3 PSD the truck has around 260,000 miles on her. About 20,000 mi. ago the glo plugs were serviced/changed, two years ago the crankcase ventilation sensor was replaced. Aside from that just routine stuff- batteries, belts and that relay for cold starting next to the fuel filter.
A couple of weeks ago I changed the oil and added CRC injector cleaner to fuel. Yesterday it ran great until I turned it off and restarted it. My first thought was the cleaner dislodged some stuff in the tank and clogged the fuel filter. Today I changed the fuel filter and the truck ran fine until I turned it off and restarted it. I'm out of ideas, I hope it's something simple and I can avoid the dealer. I changed the air filter to a larger cylindrical one, other than that the truck is stock.
Thanks for your time, Bob.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME to the ORG Bob! Hopefully someone will be along shorty with some ideas to help. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rodslinger, took her down and plugged her in today- #7 injector shot. At least I know what it is now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts