Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the 7.3's, and I just picked up a bone stock 95' 250. I notched after long 100 mile trips my temp gauge never gets passed the "N" in "normal" on the stock cluster, I have multiple friends who there trucks run way warmer. Is it possible to have my thermostat to be stuck open? And how bad is it if it is stuck open? I am starting to think more and more about it and its my only truck so I'm kinda worried... I work at advanced auto while I'm in school right now so I know I can order/buy the parts.. I am putting a 4" diamond eye turbo back and a TS 6 pos. chip this weekend.. It already has a k&n filter. I know my vacuum pump is going out cause my brakes will stiffen up sometimes. Can that course my issue?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would replace the thermostat just to be sure, if it runs too cold all the time there's a chance it won't get lubed properly. It's better than running too hot though!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
thats right where mine sits the gauge is more or less a dummy gauge. these trucks have a massive cooling system in them. as far as the [email protected] filter goes through it in the trash and get your self a 6637 filter for it.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Ditch the pos k&n setup.

These trucks are a ***** to warm up tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts