Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this in another thread but didnt want to derail. I'm thinking about dropping the running boards on my Lariat (Not the king ranch style, the chrome tubular ones).

I have the 2.5" level kit with the 350 rear blocks and 295/65s on it now. What is everyones opinion on dropping these? I dont see getting in and out as much of a problem since I didnt jack it up too high.

EDIT: A FEW PICS - AFTER LIFT BUT BEFORE THE TIRES WERE PUT ON.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Loose them it will look clean !

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have always liked the running boards on these trucks. Not so much the tubular steps but the chrome package steps are nice

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always liked the running boards on these trucks. Not so much the tubular steps but the chrome package steps are nice

A Little OT but: Dude! You sold your truck? What happened?

On topic: My old lady just informed me that she would not be too happy if I dropped the rails. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Dump them!

I had the same setup on my old 06 F250... 2.5" spacers in the front F350 blocks in the rear on 295/65/20 MTs. Took the running boards off and never looked back. I've thought about taking them off my current truck but I think I would get tired of jumping into a truck with a 6" real fast...

·
Registered
107 Posts
It looks good without, but your wife and/or girlfriend may not appreciate it. Mine were off for a total of 2 hours before I was forced to put them back on

·
Registered
227 Posts
Level kit is that for the back of the truck(bed). Because by bed loiks to be lower then the front.

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
A Little OT but: Dude! You sold your truck? What happened?

On topic: My old lady just informed me that she would not be too happy if I dropped the rails. :dunno:
I sold the truck to get in a 6.7. I went down to the wire on a new one and backed out. The more I read about the lack of performance opportunity with the 6.7 the more I wanted to stay with the 6.4. I picked up a 08 lariat last week for my new project.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I painted mine black. (actually used bedliner chit from a spray bomb).

·
Registered
853 Posts
my 08 did not have them on it when I bought it. I like the look of it better without, but my wife said get something on it now...... end of story..... she didn't like getting in and out, but worse she had a hard time loading the 1yr old into his car seat without something to stand on.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i would have to agree with the Amp steps, i powder coated my stock steps until i can somehow justify the AMP's i might not ever be able to though as im responsible for modding my bike and my wife's car....:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts