Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is a 2010 F250 king ranch. It’s a crew cab four-wheel-drive, with 6 1/2 inch wide runningboards. I’m trying to locate the passenger rear running board in cap. Only part number on the cap is 9C3J-16450-AIP7…which crosses to nothing and I believe is a general part number for the whole running board assembly. I’ve messaged a couple online oem parts stores to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper

Attachments

·
Master Tech
772 Posts
The truck is a 2010 F250 king ranch. It’s a crew cab four-wheel-drive, with 6 1/2 inch wide runningboards. I’m trying to locate the passenger rear running board in cap. Only part number on the cap is 9C3J-16450-AIP7…which crosses to nothing and I believe is a general part number for the whole running board assembly. I’ve messaged a couple online oem parts stores to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!
That number is an engineering number that will cross over to a part number if available. I have gotten running board parts in the past and could take that number to my parts guys. With that said, did you call a Ford dealer? The biggest snag is that this is off of a 13-year-old truck even if the par was/is available. I will ask though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the local dealer but they said the only way it was ever available was as a complete running board unit…and even if I wanted to replace the whole thing…it has been discontinued. But, my local parts guys aren’t the best…I have called before on other parts and was told nothing was available and then bring them a specific part number and find out I could get it. Or order from an online dealer like Tasca. Only problem is, this time, my online sources aren’t giving much hope either because when they look it up by the vin…supposedly, there were several different running boards it may have had. Giving them the number off the other cap doesn’t seem to narrow it down. If you look online, there are caps available from dealers but you’d need the specific oem part number to know which to order. I guess I was hoping someone had this same running board and might have the correct part number. Or perhaps, there might be someone who could cross the number I have.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Try the auto wreckers,& watch Kijiji, Craig's list etc, those steps were used on Ford trucks from 2008 to 2016. I was in the same boat as you, end cap was missing & step was not in that great of shape. Picked up a complete step for $100 & keep my old one for spare parts. I took a while to find one though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My Truck is a 2010 King ranch F350 long box. I Checked my notes in my truck binder. From when I was looking for one, I have Pt #'s
4C3Z-16A454-A R.H. Front & L.H. rear end cap
4C3Z-16A455-A L.H. Front & R.H. rear end cap
The replacement running board I bought came off a 2011 F350 XLT

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Truck is a 2010 King ranch F350 long box. I Checked my notes in my truck binder. From when I was looking for one, I have Pt #'s
4C3Z-16A454-A R.H. Front & L.H. rear end cap
4C3Z-16A455-A L.H. Front & R.H. rear end cap
The replacement running board I bought came off a 2011 F350 XLT
So, just to be sure before I order…your 2010 KR has the same style running board as the photo of mine and measure 6.5” across? I’ve came across those part numbers but wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, my steps are the same, I cannot say 100% that those are the correct Pt#s as I ended up buying a complete used step bar that was in better shape than mine. But, those were the numbers the Ford Dealer gave me for my truck's VIN# when I went to the dealership to inquire about them..

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome…thank you so much! This forum and members are the best! I’m gonna order one from Tasca now!

Reactions: FordDoctor

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did order this from Tasca. They were back ordered or something like that. Anyway, got an email earlier saying the part was shipped out today! Looking forward to getting that last piece of the puzzle installed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts