Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed when I have to slow down before I put my foot in it to get around the guy that can’t go the speed limit on the highway that the truck hesitates and feels ruff as it accelerates past. Has anyone had this problem? It also did it the other day when I was coming off the highway and accelerated to get in to traffic. Ruff acceleration when passing:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just getting ready to post the same question. It doesn't do it all the time but about 1-2 times a week and the same situations, when you slow down then begin to accelerate. The one thing I did notice is that if you press the accelerator down further the shudder will stop and the truck accelerates strong. It feels a lot like turbo surge. I don't hear any surge but then again I was running an open intake and the intake is on the drivers side of the 7.3. I don't get any codes, so maybe its a weird driveline shudder or defuel situation. I would think if its a driveline shudder it would happen all of the time when I accelerate. My 7.3 would get a small shudder of the line and at about 45 MPH. It doesn't feel like a tranny issue because the RPMs don't rise like a bad TC or clutchpack. Maybe its a fuel issue like air or a fuel pump/pressure issue. My truck is stock for now with 6200 miles on it. If it is turbo surge maybe it has something to do with the VG turbo and throttle position.
Does anyone else have any ideas? I think taking the truck into the dealer now would be useless since the issue is intermittent and there are no codes.

Jasin

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm thinking it is probably some kind of turbo surge but I'm new to VGT's. Let me know if you find anything else out. I'll do the same.

Jasin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts