Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing up the Dana 60 swap and RSK kit on my '97. It's the "new & improved" Sky kit with sd springs, and the improved shackle angle.

Anyway, just wondering what other guys recommend for torquing the bolts through the shackle hanger and spring ends?

Are you guys using loctite? Red or blue?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Torque depends on the diameter of the bolt.

As for locktite. Not need if using locking nuts like the factory used.

I am curious as to why you went and spent more on the SKY kit?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Torque depends on the diameter of the bolt.

As for locktite. Not need if using locking nuts like the factory used.

I am curious as to why you went and spent more on the SKY kit?

Sourced all of the parts through Cary at CT performance and went with his recommendations on the kit.

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the kit, just didn't want quite this much lift.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I dont think cary likes PMF since they started designing his lift kit and selling it. Thats who i would have went with

·
Vendor
1,594 Posts
I certainly hope there isnt any bad blood between Cary and I. I know there is none on my end. I was approached and asked to build this kit because Sky wasnt interested in making it. It was designed around what customers requested. I even called Cary while I was in the design stages of it and talked with him about carrying it when it was completed. Sky didnt make their "new and improved" kit until well after we were through developing it. Again, there is certainly no hard feelings on my end with Sky or Cary and hope its the same for them. If there is, Im more than happy to speak with them.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Oh sure, now you tell me. Haha. I guess I'll check out the PMF kit, but way too late for me.
Like Trevor aka NOTSTOCK said, his kit was out Before SKYs.
I have 2 of his kits on 2 of my trucks. I actuality took OFF Sky's kit to put on a PMF one and is is BETTER than the SKy one

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Just finishing up the Dana 60 swap and RSK kit on my '97. It's the "new & improved" Sky kit with sd springs, and the improved shackle angle.

Anyway, just wondering what other guys recommend for torquing the bolts through the shackle hanger and spring ends?

Are you guys using loctite? Red or blue?
Ford specs 121-149 Ft.#'s. Me 1/2" impact tight.:thumb:

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I certainly hope there isnt any bad blood between Cary and I. I know there is none on my end. I was approached and asked to build this kit because Sky wasnt interested in making it. It was designed around what customers requested. I even called Cary while I was in the design stages of it and talked with him about carrying it when it was completed. Sky didnt make their "new and improved" kit until well after we were through developing it. Again, there is certainly no hard feelings on my end with Sky or Cary and hope its the same for them. If there is, Im more than happy to speak with them.
Ohh... good to know, it just seems he still pushes other vendors products over yours, i need to get some rear bushings for my traction bars from you, just havent got around to doing it.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Better in what way?
Sorry it too so long, I was out of town for a while.

Better as in
Cheaper
Easier to install
No cutting of shimming of bumper necessary
And no need to cut off the factory hanger under the cab mount

1 - 12 of 12 Posts