Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is not too silly of a question. if you delete the fuel bowl you loose the fuel heater, is that good?? I thought it is good to have in the winter??

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Actually it will friend on where you live. I haven't had mine hooked up because it was shorted to ground, for over 3 years and haven't noticed any difference.

Killing time on here with my smart phone.... :)

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Wait, where exactly is the heater???

On the frame rail by the HFCM or by the secondary filter?

·
Registered
411 Posts
the heater is inside the fuel bowl, under the filter., i've asked that question and the response i got was as long as you have your block heater plugged in shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was thinking I should keep it also, why do others delete it?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Wait, where exactly is the heater???

On the frame rail by the HFCM or by the secondary filter?
On a 7.3, which only has one servicable fuel filter, it is right in the fuel filter bowl...

Thanks. I was thinking I should keep it also, why do others delete it?
The fuel bowl? Less restriction but unless your running HUGE injectors I don't think it would matter if you keep it or not IMHO. Personally, so long as your fuel is the right fuel for your environment I wouldn't worry about it. I had a pair of filters hanging off the frame rail of my dodge and even below zero I never had a fuel gelling issue. If you are really worried WVO supply stores offer 12V filter blankets.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gelled one time @ 7PM on super bowl Sunday I think 2002. It was very cold that night and it was only a 30 min ride home from work with the snow falling. I got 10 mins in then it started to spudder so I pulled over and sat for a couple mins. ran good again for 5 mins then the same thing, pulled over again and it cleared up. went 2.5 mins and it died, and would not start. @ 11PM had it towed to ford, the next morning in there shop it started right up and was fine. that was the only time it happened. yes I missed the game!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I can't see whet your from doc, where do you live?

Killing time on here with my smart phone.... :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I gelled one time @ 7PM on super bowl Sunday I think 2002. It was very cold that night and it was only a 30 min ride home from work with the snow falling. I got 10 mins in then it started to spudder so I pulled over and sat for a couple mins. ran good again for 5 mins then the same thing, pulled over again and it cleared up. went 2.5 mins and it died, and would not start. @ 11PM had it towed to ford, the next morning in there shop it started right up and was fine. that was the only time it happened. yes I missed the game!!!!
Bummer Pats over the Rams, classic.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pocono's PA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts