Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a rpm controller from Ford? I have one and i guess i can use it for high idling but when i try it wont change the idle. It reads the rpms at all times. So it seems like its connected properly. Any help?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Did you set the parking brake? It must be set for the unit to engage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh haha ill try that. hope it works :doh:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
If it does you can mod it so that it thinks the break is on all though I dont see why you would need to!

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
If it does you can mod it so that it thinks the break is on all though I dont see why you would need to!
I don't think you could mod it, since it only recieves power, and all communication input/output is by the PCM data link. You'd have to mess with the software/firmware to change it.

what in the world is the use for this device?
It elevates engine RPM for running a PTO, or to keep the engine warm in sub-zero temps. It also has a "charge protect" function to maintain battey voltage for operating high-load accessories or boosting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yess it works! im ready for idaho winters!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got one in my pickup and once the brake is set you cant change he idle speed and when the brake is released you still cant change it! I dont know if its broken or what the deal is. But it plugs in under the dash almost right next to your data plug right above the tranny, at least that was where mine was.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Along the bottom edge of the dash, below the ashtray is the connector. Sometimes a tuner can interfere with the setup, causing irrugular operation. When You order your chip, let them know you have it installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts