Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local auto parts store to buy everything I need to flush my cooling system and when we got to the SCA, he suggested that I use Purple Ice by Royal Purple. I have not heard this product mentioned in any of the discussions of coolant additives and wanted to see if anyone new anything about it. The label says it's for gas or diesel engines, but I want to make sure I'm doing the best thing for my 7.3. Thanks for your help, Eric

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use It, It's great! I used it in my 7.3 and had 400,000 miles with no problems! Go to the Royal Purple website, and you can get the scope! I use Royal Purple products in everything from my trucks, ATVs, and my Harley!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I run it in my 6.0 and the truck ran cool all summer pulling the 48ft trailer, I just put it in the Pete tonight.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i just went down to my internatinal dealer and he gave me i dont remember the name but was like 8 dollars and came with test strips. I mean mine doesnt get that hot on the hottest day and when i pull my trailer. It barely goes past the n in "normal"

Dont get the cheap stuff at autozone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts