Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the mornings the truck starts rough. The FICM voltage is at 42- 42.5 volts and the battery voltage is 11.7. After the truck runs for a little bit the battery voltage goes to 13.7 volts and the FICM voltage is 47.5v-v48 volts. There are no codes show up when the FICM voltage is low. I feel that the battery is losing charge over night creating the starting issue. Is this correct?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your volts will run lower cuz of the glow plugs, once the truck gets warmed up the glow plugs shut off which ur volts will come up, but your ficm should be 48volts at all times even when cranking, so sounfs like your ficm is going out which will kill your injectors. My ficm is new on my truck and always reads 48.5 to 49.5 volts no matter what im doing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm new to this forum....first post in fact. I just (minutes ago) diagnosed my truck doing the samne thing, with the batteries being run down over night. I had a draw on the batteries when the truck was turned off...bit of a hassle to figure out...but mine ended up being the instrument cluster drawing power when the ignition was off.

I pulled the fuse for the instument cluster and am on here right now trying to figure out the fix for this.

To diagnose of the truck has a draw, What I did was completely disconnected the driver side battery and only the neg. on the passenger side. I then ran a test light from the battery post to the terminal snd sure as sh*t, the light came on. Make sure that you have the doors closed (interior light off) and unplug the light on the underside of the hood so these dont fool you to think they are a draw. I then went in and stared pulling fuses (one at a time) until the test light went out. In my case, it ended up being the 10A fuse for the instrument cluster. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
In the mornings the truck starts rough. The FICM voltage is at 42- 42.5 volts and the battery voltage is 11.7. After the truck runs for a little bit the battery voltage goes to 13.7 volts and the FICM voltage is 47.5v-v48 volts. There are no codes show up when the FICM voltage is low. I feel that the battery is losing charge over night creating the starting issue. Is this correct?
Your ficm is shot, load test your batteries. You should not see less than 46v. And plan on replacing your ficm too.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information. Has anyone used the Bulleproof FICM?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Thank you for the information. Has anyone used the Bulleproof FICM?
Ficmrepair.com

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts