Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did oil cooler egr delete. Truck seems to be surging, rough idling. What should I check? The maf is showing nothing on forscan software. Could that be something to do with it?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Just did oil cooler egr delete. Truck seems to be surging, rough idling. What should I check? The maf is showing nothing on forscan software. Could that be something to do with it?
How long have you let the truck run since getting it back together? It can take a good bit of running to get all of the air out of the system. I have seen it take almost 500 miles after having the system dry to get the air out. Does it run fine other than the idle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its actually idling way better after running it for a while. still no maf reading. Is that an issue?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Its actually idling way better after running it for a while. still no maf reading. Is that an issue?
Thats my guess is you just need to give it enough time to make sure all the air is out of the HPO system. Like I said it can take way longer than you think. As for the MAF and Forscan, someone more fluent with Forscan will have to answer that because I am not sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
No reading as its not showing up, or just at 0? Maybe check and make sure the hose didnt fall off or have a crack. Otherwise something not right with forscan.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts