Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a '92 F-350 dually IDI with an aftermarket Banks turbo. The truck starts no problem but runs really rough. I had noticed the "water in fuel" light was on, but after we changed the fuel filter, the light went out but it still idles rough. What else could cause a rough idle. We're figuring a wet injector, but he had read somewhere it was something to possibly do with a return line(????). Can anyone help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your fuel lines, you could be getting a little bit of air in the fuel system. Mine used to idle really bad till I started using the Diesel Kleen with every tank. After about six months of use, I have better fuel milage, smooth idle, and more power. I would start with that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check or replace fuel injectors, from my local diesel reman place they are less then glow plugs. If you have a buddy at a local Ford Dealer you can see if they can pressure test them and replace the bad ones. You could also check compression, low compression will cause a miss at idle and running good under boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts