Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening! I am having a rough idle on my Early 1999 7.3. I just got the truck. The previous owner just installed a new Adrenaline HPOP and Glow plugs/UVCH's. The idle is not super rough, but rough enough to make me feel like it isnt right. I put FORScan on it and noticed the ICPv numbers are jumping up and down at idle. (I had not set the units to imperial yet, but its jumping from 2500-3500kpa which is about 350-500 psi. Looking for a little direction here, I have just ordered a new CPS from International, hoping that may play a part. What can I look at on FORScan to help pinpoint? I ran a buzz test with no faults and a cylinder contibution test calls out cylinder 8 3 times in a row.

Heres a video of FORScan while it's idling at operating temp.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Good evening! I am having a rough idle on my Early 1999 7.3. I just got the truck. The previous owner just installed a new Adrenaline HPOP and Glow plugs/UVCH's. The idle is not super rough, but rough enough to make me feel like it isnt right. I put FORScan on it and noticed the ICPv numbers are jumping up and down at idle. (I had not set the units to imperial yet, but its jumping from 2500-3500kpa which is about 350-500 psi. Looking for a little direction here, I have just ordered a new CPS from International, hoping that may play a part. What can I look at on FORScan to help pinpoint? I ran a buzz test with no faults and a cylinder contibution test calls out cylinder 8 3 times in a row.

Heres a video of FORScan while it's idling at operating temp.
check the ICP sensor for oil at the pigtail

check the IPR solenoid nut for tightness

does the idle quality change when in P D or N ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts