Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here use the 3" lift from Rough Country? I was thinking about putting it on my 2005 F250. Does this give the truck a pretty level stance. Seems like my truck sits a little low in the front with the extra weight of the diesel. I was wanting to put this on and also get some Toyo Open Country MT 35's. Seems like a lot of people use these tires also. Can you still haul with these tires or are they not rated to haul much? Last question, can you fit the 35x12.5 inch tire on a stock 17" rim? Thanks for your help guys!

fordmustangfan67
2005 Ford F250 Ex Cab Long Box 6.0L

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
I believe those tires are "E" rated, so you could still haul according to what's on your GVWR and GCWR (Likely 10k and 20k respectively). I have never used the Rough Country kit, but I would verify that it is for a diesel application. Do you have a link to the kit and which vendor are you considering? We have supporting vendors on the ORG that offer discounts off of their standard pricing for ORG members.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I ran into a guy when I was at Lowes that had that setup on an 06 and it looked great, especially if you arent after a big lift. It brings the truck level with 3 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. New coil spring in the front, not spacers, rear block, and new shocks. Kit should sell for $439-$449. I have considered it myself but really think I want to go higher.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not looking at any specific dealer yet. I don't know if their are any supporting vendors that stock or sell this kit. I have seen the kit on rough country's website.

Ford Super Duty Suspension Lift Kit

I like this kit because it gives both the front and rear a bit of a lift while leveling the truck. I like the new springs vs. adding a spacer as well. Anyone know if the tires will fit the stock wheels tho? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Truck Add Ons sells that kit. LINK It's about halfway down the page. You might also contact Raul @ Stealth Automotive because he also sells lift kits, although I don't know if he stocks that particular one. Oh and Toyo does make the 35x12.5R17 in the Open Country MT. You might contact Scott @ AYP Tires and see what kind of deal he can make you... Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts