Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the infamous lil leak on the water pump and plant to replace here real soon. The water pump, 203F, and flush the system.

My question is which whould you go with the Rotella CAT EC-1, and get the filtration system....or go with Dieselsite's Evans NPG+ for the low pressure system. If you have done the Evans, I would like to hear some results, and did or would you get the filtration system for the Evans...since it is waterless, is it necessary?

Last thing...tried searching, anyone have a link to a write up for good flush of the system. Thanks. :ford::nod:

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
There's someone who used Evan's on a 6.0. Still working fine. There's a thread about it.
From what I remember about it, you have to remove all the water from the system. Block. Heater core. Lines. Radiator. Cylinder sleeves.
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I thought. It seems like a really big pain and price tag to go for the Evans. Thanks for the input, looks like I am going ELC. I have heard Prestone and Rotella....any others?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I use the oreilly brand

My Samsung SGH-I997 made me send this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. I looked on Riff Raff and others for a coolant filtration system. Only one I found was on DieselSite. Any others?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I know sinister makes one.
I made mine modeled after diesel site's

My Samsung SGH-I997 made me send this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts