Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering injectors and the rosewood stage one rebuilds look great. Anyone have them or anyone know anything about them? Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I put them in my truck and it runs great after I tuned it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you tune it with. Is there specific tunes to maximize efficiency? Also, what was the total bill from getting them done?

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
custom tunes he means, have TW, PHP, DP, and others of the like, you will get a lot of power out of it too, good luck with your choice on tuner and i've heard great things about rosewood's sticks, not a bad thing yet, i wanna go with him when i finally get funding to do mine

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
there is aslo swamps, beans, and gearhead tunes...

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
just to name a few lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have rosewood stage 1s. Truck runs great great, and Jim did a great job.

I would definetly recommend Rosewood injectors

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
I have had Jim's stage 1's in mine for 3-4 years, 40,000 +/- miles with no issue, ever, truck has run perfect ever since they were put in

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am proud to say that I decided to go with the stage 1s, Jim is rebuilding them now actually, ill post updates after install, and do a short review. He has a cool setup over there.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Hellofa guy to talk to isnt he. He will always get my business.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Let me know how they do for you. I want to get the set in my truck rebuilt to stage 1s, but they have 284,000 miles on them and I know they will cost close to the premium rebuild price

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Let me know how they do for you. I want to get the set in my truck rebuilt to stage 1s, but they have 284,000 miles on them and I know they will cost close to the premium rebuild price
I will tell you this, he doesnt ever recommend a budget build

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He was very outgoing on the phone and very helpfull but I think he was suprised when a 16 year old came to have them rebuilt. Believe it or not, there actually are kids out there that are more into their trucks then drugs or other bs coming into schools now!

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
He was very outgoing on the phone and very helpfull but I think he was suprised when a 16 year old came to have them rebuilt. Believe it or not, there actually are kids out there that are more into their trucks then drugs or other bs coming into schools now!
Hopefully there are a lot more like you, cuz this country is Fugged with the riff raff I see running around. Good for you man :thumb:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I had the full 1235 for premium set aside for a just in case and he had to replace two barrels that were slightly scored which he replaced with a few he had in good condition. He also had to replace a solenoid and the total was $590 but I payed cash so I got them for $550. More then happy!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i finally got them In and running. The valve cover was the hardest part. Well i forgot to crank with glow plugs removed, had to take it apart again. the one fuel injector harness was melted too.Well when we got the truck to start, white smoke was across about a quarter acre. My truck goes 0-60 in less then half the time it did before, both on stock mode. And for all of you smokers, punch it in 100hp tune and you will clear an intersection. Definatly worth the money, even if they were 1235, and that's coming from a low income family. Just wish I didn't have as many problems putting the valve cover on. I did valve cover gaskets too which were 67.99 for one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
this may be a noob question but i have never heard of removing the glow plugs before starting with new injectors whats the point of this?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is fuel/oil in the cylinder that hydro locks the engine if not removed. You get it out by cramming while harness isn't plugged into the valve cover gasket and beyond. Put valve cover back on and basically everything in the cylinder will shoot out of the glow plug holes and drain into the block.I cranked like that for about 4 20 second cranks. The way to check that everything is out is by plugging the glow plug back into the hole and there will be a little surface oil on it from it gathering around the hole but it should not have a level on it. If it does keep them out and crank for a little more with glow plugs out. once thats done plug everything back in and start cramming, you should be ready to go.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Jim Rosewood, Rosewood Diesel Shop. $1235 for stage 1 premium rebuild

1 - 20 of 30 Posts