Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are roof lights hard to install? I have heard that you have to take the the interior panels off to install them.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
They arent way too hard to install took me about four hours on mine, the hard part is all the measuring to make sure the lights are spaced evenly and sit correctly and yes you will have to remove some of the interior panels including the headliner to install them

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
They arent way too hard to install took me about four hours on mine, the hard part is all the measuring to make sure the lights are spaced evenly and sit correctly and yes you will have to remove some of the interior panels including the headliner to install them
Following what he said ^, the hardest part for me was drilling the first hole. Step 1 Measure
Step 2 Measure again,
Step 3 Repeat steps 1 and 2.

I don't know about the newer trucks but on the OBS there is a wiring harness on the passenger side that you can plug into so the cab lights come on with the parking lights.

Take your time doing it and all should go well.
Craig

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
They look great, I would say it is well worth it, But I don'y have them, So can't help ya much.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Check the tech forums, I have a whole write-up in there to answer this question.

I'm at work and just can't be looking at pictures like that :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts