Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, truck has recently developed a slight romp at idle, doesn't seem to matter if oil is hot or cold, but occasionally it idles smoothly. Truck also feels like it's running on less than 8 cylinder under moderate acceleration, especially in higher gears where you don't have high RPMs to "smooth" out the gaps in power and you can feel it "chugging". Truck is struggles to make 12PSI at WOT in 4th gear (5 speed) at 2500-3000 RPM, and that's with the tow tune engaged on my DP F5 (I know, saving up for a PHP). Downpipes don't look like they're leaking, firewall looks pretty clean. Truck has 162k mi, and I believe the injectors are original. The injectors sounds pretty loud and crackly on the tow tune, it quiets down quite a bit on "stock". I don't recall them being that loud before, but I could be imagining things. Fuel filter is less than 2k mi, oil is 15W-40 Motorcraft with a Motorcraft filter. All 8 buzz fine on a buzz test, and it passes a contribution test. Any ideas? I believe the Baro sensor is no good, as it shows 9.0PSI on ForScan, but from what I read, it shouldn't be causing these symptoms.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds similar to what mine was doing when one of the injector harness plugs came unplugged at the valve cover.
There should be two per valve cover on the valley side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it still buzz test and CCT okay if a harness came unplugged? Hmmm. Broke the plastic check valve trying to clean the FPR screen, and my T500 is weeping from the rear plate again, so I'm gonna bite the bullet and go efuel. We'll see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Buzz and CCT would fail if a harness came unplugged. Cheers!

Reactions: trevdalocal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buzz and CCT would fail if a harness came unplugged. Cheers!
Thanks for the reply! Strictly Diesel efuel system, and ANOTHER HPOP rear plate oring (this one oversized) are on the way, so hopefully we'll make some progress soon. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts