Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some work done and i just wondered what does it take to pour black smoke cuz i dont got any smoke at all. i dont necessarily want to but im now just thinkin what does it take

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Where there's smoke there's fire....hope you got your flame suit on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha! thats good. i just wanted to know cuz i been around some diesels that when there on it. the streets fillin wit smoke. curiousity has gotten to me

·
Premium Member
20,344 Posts
hey, atleast you took it with a grain of salt... Most others just get pissy and leave.

But seriously, smoking out intersections is what cause the tree huggers more reason to make diesel emmisions horrible for us.

·
Registered
910 Posts
hey, atleast you took it with a grain of salt... Most others just get pissy and leave.

But seriously, smoking out intersections is what cause the tree huggers more reason to make diesel emmisions horrible for us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks Eli, I add blinker fluid to my fuel when I want it to smoke while down at the farm, works pretty well.:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
All these guys nonsense aside, no smoke means efficient burn and most power. At the track or in a field, let it fly like no other, but in town, don't. Causes alot of wrecks. It's only cool on the road, if you get cut off by a prius because that is the most heterosexually challenged vehicle on the the road and deserves it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
LMFAO, Here they go again

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
All these guys nonsense aside, no smoke means efficient burn and most power. At the track or in a field, let it fly like no other, but in town, don't. Causes alot of wrecks. It's only cool on the road, if you get cut off by a prius because that is the most heterosexually challenged vehicle on the the road and deserves it.
Lol smoke is very inappropriate on the road......unless there's a prius then it's very appropriate

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have to agree with you here. There is a time for smoke and being cut off by a Prius definitely falls in that category! :rofl: Seriously, if you want smoke then your going to need a custom tune. Most of the high HP tunes smoke as a by-product and with any of them if you floor it from an idle then your going to get smoke. Some smoke more than others.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Is this really another thread about this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
haha! thats good. i just wanted to know cuz i been around some diesels that when there on it. the streets fillin wit smoke. curiousity has gotten to me
In all honesty it's probably because they think smoke is power. So they crank up their HPFPs or just add huge injectors without doing ANY other mods, such as fuel pressure, more air, or anything. It's ignorance. That's why we teach no smoke and what it means.
I think the whole smoke thing comes partially from sled pulling trucks. They have huge injectors, huge turbos, and lots of other money into the truck. Before that turbo finally spools, the fuel is not fully combusting, thus all the black smoke. Once the turbo gets going, there is way less smoke than a truck smoking out an intersection, AND he's pulling more weight :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.