Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow that kind of rhymes..... I am in the process of either ordering a DP Tuner chip or buy another member's chip and have a few settings added, what I want to know is: With WVO, specfically with a my Vegistroke kit, will I roll smoke with it if I was to get a smoke setting, or not bother adding the setting to the chip. I know it would blow black smoke, but more of like a whiteish gray smoke it would be.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump: I know someone has there chip cranked up running on Vegi!!:woot::woot:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
in my 6.0 running the street tune on my SCT, i can make your truck disapear in a cloud of vegi smoke... :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
I thought with pure veggie oil you weren't suppose to run a chip?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I thought with pure veggie oil you weren't suppose to run a chip?
Negative ghost rider, the fuel makes no difference with performance chips.
I run vegi oil fuel and the SCT tunner with the street tune as my everyday tune.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I dont know where I read that. There reasoning was because of the thickness of SVO and having to push more of it through the injector at a certain time. It made me wonder.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
a properly heated vegi system does not have a problem with this. At 180* the vei oil is the same (almost) viscosity as dino diesel

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in my 6.0 running the street tune on my SCT, i can make your truck disapear in a cloud of vegi smoke... :D
That settles it, I am getting a smoke setting on my chip, hope my 7.3 will blow smoke like a 6.0 will. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That settles it, I am getting a smoke setting on my chip, hope my 7.3 will blow smoke like a 6.0 will. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
My 7.3 with an Edge Evolution blew more smoke than my 6.0 with an SCT does now, I've only got canned tunes though.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
My 7.3 with an Edge Evolution blew more smoke than my 6.0 with an SCT does now, I've only got canned tunes though.
Thats the reason...Vivian made my tune for me and i asked for alot of smoke with it...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They say the added fuel from a programmer builds deposits in the CC with veg oil. Other people argue that the advanced timing of a programmer helps the combustion of veg oil. All I know is my truck hauls @$$ on the looney tune, and smells good doing it. I still get black smoke when I really hammer it, but it's normally kind of grey when it puffs to pass someone. Although, I added about 11 gallons of used motor oil to my last 80 gallon tank, and that made for some super thick black smoke. I was in a bind, but I probably won't do that again.........it smelled horrible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts