Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have the Nathan's 5 series twin tanks or a large tank are needed if you want to blast more than 10 seconds those can really suck some air

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Air Suckers!

Yes, the Nathans do eat a lot of air.
If I can get dual 10 gallon tanks, I will be happy.
I would like to mount the horns above the cab, on top of a set of roll bars in the bed. Hence the original purpose of this thread, to find a place that sells roll bars. But this thread has since been taken in several directions. So I am tempted to just delete this thread afterwards. It doesn't provide anything that is useful to anyone. Its just a chat session.

Unless someone can offer some good roll bar information. :)
Can I buy them, or am I stuck trying to find a local guy to make me some?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to pretend that the bars I plan to put on my truck are there in the case of a roll-over. Just thought it might add a little more of a look to the truck, along with adding a mounting point for the train horns. Probably end up putting lights up there as well. Just thought it would be cool to let the horns be seen, versus tucking them underneath where no one can see them. Its just for looks. I am leaning toward the style that mounts to the bed rails rather than mounting them to the floor of the bed. This gives me room to still mount a flush mount tool box (that sits below the bed rails), and still be able to throw in a 4x8 sheet of whatever if I need to.

Who knows, I may get the horns up there on top the roll bars, and hate the way it looks. If that happens, I will just tuck them underneath somewhere. Then I still have the roll bars for aesthetic purposes. I really like the double hoop with the single kicker and the side wire design on the TruckRollBar.com site. Lots of cool pics to look at and choose the right design I want. Didn't find anything I liked with Grizzly or Smittybuilt.

Thanks Diesel_Brad for the suggestions.
Exactly what I was looking for when this thread first started!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.