Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I built my own on board air set up for less than 200 bucks. I hooked a semi horn up to it rather than train horns because i dont like the sound they make but if you got the horns for about 400-500 you could have a set up totally customized to your needs and wants for 600-700 bucks
Horn3_zpse389ed64.png Photo by Rammstein1224 | Photobucket

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Sounds more like you need a thread starter, not much of a derail since it doesn't incorporate the original idea of bull bars

But tell me more on this where will you be mounting them, and the biggest question of all with you train horn guys, why do you need a large tank or twin tanks, how long exactly do you plan to blow them? I mean legality speaking its not a ticket you really want so why do you need to blast for 10 minutes? I can under stand a couple short bursts tho
You dont need a large tank or high pressures. once you get over 50 psi it really doesnt get much louder. Sound isnt proportional to pressure. The only reason i chose an 11 gal tank is
1. Harbor freight had 2 sizes and the 11 gal(larger) was only like 5 bucks more
2. I run air tools and fill up my tires and whatever else i want to do with the air.

The horn i have is just because some a-holes deserve a good blast. but i have my oem horn hooked up to a push button in my cubby hole next to the steering wheel so i use that when i just need to get someones attention.

Sporting events:
My daughter will be a senior in HS, and she cheers for football. I figure every time we score a touchdown, I am gonna lay on the horns!

I am a Purdue grad, and figure it would be ideal when tailgating before a football game, to honk em a few times. Without having to have the truck running. So to store up enough air, I figured dual tanks would buy me some time before having to start the truck.

Tailgating at Colts games. Same thing.

Road Rage: Someone cuts me off, I am gonna let them know.

Element Of Surprise: Neighborhood dogs/cats/ducks/punk teenagers will get the crap scared out of them!

...and anything else you can think of.
Do I need dual tanks?
No, but do I want them?
Hell ya.
I would be careful people get pissed at sh!t like that and next think you know like 351fifty said the cops will be all over you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.