Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a roll bar link or topic for 2 days on here, and have had problems. I assume you can buy these, and not make them yourself. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can look. I found a picture of a set I really like, to help me mount my train horns.
Here is the page where I found the style I like.
Richard's 2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab Train Horn Install

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had wanted something like that for my old truck couldn't find a retailer. I was about to build one then decided to buy a new truck. I'm pretty sure all those style bars are going to be a custom job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Also for the train horns make sure you're up on the local laws on those they can carry a fine if you find the wrong black and white

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Custom Bars

yeh, I am well prepared to be confronted by the po po. But those things are just too damn cool. And putting them up top where they can really be heard, is an awesome idea. Guess I will look for a local guy who can weld me some custom bars.
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool idea I want a set of Nathan k5la's to put on mine but they are pricey good luck

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Cool idea I want a set of Nathan k5la's to put on mine but they are pricey good luck
Gotta a friend with a F350 with serious lift along with other goodies. He uses this horn to scare people walking in parking lots. I love it and wanted one fro myself but, holy cheese and rise, $1800?? I think i will stick the kid out the window and smack his backside. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
My brother sells train horn kits for $600, $1800 on a horn is rediculious

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does he sell the Nathan series either 3 or 5 bell

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
He sells a 1-2-3-4 horn kits iirc, I would have to ask, I just never saw the point in dropping that much cash and not going any faster :dunno: but they are kinda cool

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree once I sell my old truck ill have an extra 600 a month to drop into the old beast. This is one of the things on the list for the right price. As well as engine powered onboard air

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
He sells a 1-2-3-4 horn kits iirc, I would have to ask, I just never saw the point in dropping that much cash and not going any faster :dunno: but they are kinda cool
Well, we need to keep in touch, when i win the lottery, i never play, i want trains horns.:laugh:
I still have that window and promise, i am going to get it to a shipper to find the cost.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Lol, I almost forgot about that, but yeah text me when you want his number bro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang!

Thread says: "I feel like I have been hijacked!"

I have a set of Nathan K5LA I got for $600.
Just need everything else.
Would prefer motor powered compressor over electric.
Just not sure where to look or what to get.
And not sure how the clutch would get wired to turn pump on/off.
Maybe get two 10 gallon tanks for supply.
And a manual lever instead of electric solenoid.
I want to blow the horns gradually, not all at once.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I built my own on board air set up for less than 200 bucks. I hooked a semi horn up to it rather than train horns because i dont like the sound they make but if you got the horns for about 400-500 you could have a set up totally customized to your needs and wants for 600-700 bucks
Horn3_zpse389ed64.png Photo by Rammstein1224 | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Look at my avatar, all we do is derail things lol, and an engine driven set up could be made from a smog pump off a gasser since it technically pressurizes air into the egr system

Back to bull bars

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Train Horns

well, I guess since no one is talking roll bars, lets talk train horns!
I am having an issue finding air tanks that are good up to 200 psi.
I would like to do dual 10 gallon tanks. I think I have decided to go with a motor driven compressor (York style). Those puppies can do 8 CFM at 100 psi.
Thats a beast! Train horns eat air like its going out of style. You can never have too much air.

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Sounds more like you need a thread starter, not much of a derail since it doesn't incorporate the original idea of bull bars

But tell me more on this where will you be mounting them, and the biggest question of all with you train horn guys, why do you need a large tank or twin tanks, how long exactly do you plan to blow them? I mean legality speaking its not a ticket you really want so why do you need to blast for 10 minutes? I can under stand a couple short bursts tho

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where to blow your train horns...

Sporting events:
My daughter will be a senior in HS, and she cheers for football. I figure every time we score a touchdown, I am gonna lay on the horns!

I am a Purdue grad, and figure it would be ideal when tailgating before a football game, to honk em a few times. Without having to have the truck running. So to store up enough air, I figured dual tanks would buy me some time before having to start the truck.

Tailgating at Colts games. Same thing.

Road Rage: Someone cuts me off, I am gonna let them know.

Element Of Surprise: Neighborhood dogs/cats/ducks/punk teenagers will get the crap scared out of them!

...and anything else you can think of.
Do I need dual tanks?
No, but do I want them?
Hell ya.

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Seems like you have a lot of thought in this
Party on Wayne

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Sounds more like you need a thread starter, not much of a derail since it doesn't incorporate the original idea of bull bars

But tell me more on this where will you be mounting them, and the biggest question of all with you train horn guys, why do you need a large tank or twin tanks, how long exactly do you plan to blow them? I mean legality speaking its not a ticket you really want so why do you need to blast for 10 minutes? I can under stand a couple short bursts tho
You dont need a large tank or high pressures. once you get over 50 psi it really doesnt get much louder. Sound isnt proportional to pressure. The only reason i chose an 11 gal tank is
1. Harbor freight had 2 sizes and the 11 gal(larger) was only like 5 bucks more
2. I run air tools and fill up my tires and whatever else i want to do with the air.

The horn i have is just because some a-holes deserve a good blast. but i have my oem horn hooked up to a push button in my cubby hole next to the steering wheel so i use that when i just need to get someones attention.

Sporting events:
My daughter will be a senior in HS, and she cheers for football. I figure every time we score a touchdown, I am gonna lay on the horns!

I am a Purdue grad, and figure it would be ideal when tailgating before a football game, to honk em a few times. Without having to have the truck running. So to store up enough air, I figured dual tanks would buy me some time before having to start the truck.

Tailgating at Colts games. Same thing.

Road Rage: Someone cuts me off, I am gonna let them know.

Element Of Surprise: Neighborhood dogs/cats/ducks/punk teenagers will get the crap scared out of them!

...and anything else you can think of.
Do I need dual tanks?
No, but do I want them?
Hell ya.
I would be careful people get pissed at sh!t like that and next think you know like 351fifty said the cops will be all over you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.