Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of us from work went to a meeting at our customers place, and we rode in the bosses 2007 3500 dually. The back seat (where I rode) was no bigger than the back seat in my old 96 F250 SC. I have more appreciation for my Ford Crew Cab now (99 F350 CC)! I love my Super Duty! My 97 Taurus had more back seat room than that Dodge, and my 99 Crew has more room than the Taurus.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah my buddies dad has a Dodge Quad Cab and I got in the back one day and couldn't believe how much smaller it was compared to the Fords. Makes me appreciate the space in my truck hehe.

On another note, those Mega-Cabs are huge but they look disproportional from the outside in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Three of us from work went to a meeting at our customers place, and we rode in the bosses 2007 3500 dually. The back seat (where I rode) was no bigger than the back seat in my old 96 F250 SC. I have more appreciation for my Ford Crew Cab now (99 F350 CC)! I love my Super Duty! My 97 Taurus had more back seat room than that Dodge, and my 99 Crew has more room than the Taurus.
:hehe:
was the dash falling off yet? :laugh:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah my buddies dad has a Dodge Quad Cab and I got in the back one day and couldn't believe how much smaller it was compared to the Fords. Makes me appreciate the space in my truck hehe.

On another note, those Mega-Cabs are huge but they look disproportional from the outside in my opinion.
I know what you're saying, I think most Dodge's do that, even the new Durango's. It seems as though they just have oversized outer panels to make them look bigger.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know what you're saying, I think most Dodge's do that, even the new Durango's. It seems as though they just have oversized outer panels to make them look bigger.
Yeah, whatever happened to nice proportional trucks? Oh yeah you have to buy a :icon_ford:

:p :rofl:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Yeah, whatever happened to nice proportional trucks? Oh yeah you have to buy a :icon_ford:

:p :rofl:
I don't know about that, im still kinda iffy on the front end of the new ones...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I don't know about that, im still kinda iffy on the front end of the new ones...
He has a good point. However, in the Ford you could put a young elephant in the bed, and it's Mama on a trailer and tow "em up a hill. Granted getting about 3mpg BUT it'll do it! Oh and fit comfortably in the back seat while you're towing em! Lol!

I like the real spaciousness of the Fords. I never liked Dodges just my opinion. My girlfriend doesn't like it too much though I'm "too far away" so she can't hold my hand :crazy:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was too when I first saw them but then grew to like them...Unless it's Julian's, I just love that beast haha.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I was too when I first saw them but then grew to like them...Unless it's Julian's, I just love that beast haha.
They look toyish, like cartoonish to me. Just so BIG! Lol! I like the look of the ones with dark headlights better for sure. It's the upside down headlights that bother my lol, I mean I'm sure they shine better being lower but ... just they don't look ... right. If they were flipped over I think it would make a big difference. Still doesn't excuse that ridiculous grille though

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i will admit i do miss the back seat room in my ford but i never sat back there so it didnt really matter. but i deffinatly dont miss those narrow uncomfertable bucket seats i had. my newer truck in my opinion is twice the truck of my ford.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
They look toyish, like cartoonish to me. Just so BIG! Lol! I like the look of the ones with dark headlights better for sure. It's the upside down headlights that bother my lol, I mean I'm sure they shine better being lower but ... just they don't look ... right. If they were flipped over I think it would make a big difference. Still doesn't excuse that ridiculous grille though
Exactly:thumb:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
mostly just the lights though.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea, my buddy went to test drive a new 1500 hemi crew. Sat in the rear, not room at all. And that hemi is disappointing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts