Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned since new a 1999 F250 7.3L Turbo Crew Cab short box 4X4 done 70,000 miles. I have noticed developing for some time a thumping noise coming from under the vehicle when driving on rough road, usually happens when I hit a pot hole or rough surface, it is like there is no cushioning or damping between the body and the Chassis. Could those round rubber things that look lke a small donut that sit between the floor and the Chassis where the Body is bolted to the Chassis need replacing. Any input appreciated. I have recently fitted new front shock absorbers so that rules them out as being the problem.
Ossie Eric

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does it feel like the clunk comes from and outside wheel or right underneath your feet? If it's right underneath your feet, it's most likely the sway bar end link bushings. You have to buy the whole endlink since the bushings are not replaceable.

EDIT: Wow, from february. I'm a little behind

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chad and Hoyster,
I have packed out the Bushes where the sway bar bolts on, they were sloppy, that has helped the problem but not completely. I will check the front spring bushes and replace if look worn, the sway bar end link bushes still seem ok.
Thanks again
Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts