Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know what the deal is with Road Armor? Are they still making bumpers? I have had one on order from them for around 6 months, but every time I ask where it is, they have various excuses as to the delay. They told me the initial wait period was only 6 weeks...they also have my money!!!!:doh: Have i been ripped off????:(

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
6 months is too long. get your money back bud...

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Yup get your money back man. You are not the first person they have done this too

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys..this is what I was afraid of.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
There was thread about them awhile back. The owner or someone high up even logged on to give their side of the story. Good luck.
Craig

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Get your money back. Then find a local fabricator and have them build your bumper custom for you. Or order one from a local off road shop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been speaking to Mike at Road Armor the last 3 weeks and placed a order for my 08'. Im getting the Titan II front and the Base Rear bumper from him. So far he has been a stand up guy. Pm me for his info and maybe he can help you. Unless youve already spoken with him. :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been speaking to Mike at Road Armor the last 3 weeks and placed a order for my 08'. Im getting the Titan II front and the Base Rear bumper from him. So far he has been a stand up guy. Pm me for his info and maybe he can help you. Unless youve already spoken with him. :dunno:
i have posted on a few sites and i seem to be getting the same story. It appears Mike and now Natalie are using the same lines for several customers (who have paid up front) i.e. we are wating on tubing, our new tube bender can not bend certain sizes, our powder coater has gone out of business, etc etc.:hehe: Some poeple end up getting their bumpers after several months and some do not get them at all.:dunno: All say the customer service SUCKS and now how do i go about getting my money back?? is there a Consumer Affairs dept or similar in the US for dealing with these crooks? By the way, i am in Australia, if i was in US i would pay the guys a visit myself:woot:

·
***mins Sell-out
783 Posts
Where are they located now days? I know they used to be out of Everett, Wa. They still part of Trailready, or RSI?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where are they located now days? I know they used to be out of Everett, Wa. They still part of Trailready, or RSI?
I'm pretty sure they are out of Oregon but I can't remember where exactly now.

I worked for a Road Armor dealer and we always had great success and very speedy delivery with their products. Of all the bumpers we sold and installed there was one complaint and that was all part of his imagination on the way it should fit. Maybe things have changed up there but they were outstanding 9 months ago except for steep prices.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
i have posted on a few sites and i seem to be getting the same story. It appears Mike and now Natalie are using the same lines for several customers (who have paid up front) i.e. we are wating on tubing, our new tube bender can not bend certain sizes, our powder coater has gone out of business, etc etc.:hehe: Some poeple end up getting their bumpers after several months and some do not get them at all.:dunno: All say the customer service SUCKS and now how do i go about getting my money back?? is there a Consumer Affairs dept or similar in the US for dealing with these crooks? By the way, i am in Australia, if i was in US i would pay the guys a visit myself:woot:
call your credit card company and tell them what happen they will credit it you back.. Takes about a week or two..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yeah its all the typical story road armor has been like this for a long time the usual wait time for a bumper is 6 mo.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Road Armor is now located about 60miles North of Dallas, Texas now.

I have known Mark for a few years now and he has supported the club in the past.

We had a few members order bumpers and are very pleased with them.

Just my $0.02 ;)

·
Now where does this go...
33 Posts
Didn't the original Road Armor founders split up? :dunno: One guy kept Road Armor name and the other started Alien Patrol with the same designs? I believe I read it in one of the Diesel Magazines. Their bumpers/designs are the same. Anyone have any experience with Alien Patrol good or bad?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some info posted to me to date is as follows;

Rip-off Report: Road Armor Failed to deliver product in a timely manner, still waiting after almost 5 months. Dallas Texas

Road Armor (www roadarmor com) Reviews

Try Alien partol : : : : : : : : : : ALIEN-PATROL : : : : : : : : : :

Read this http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/...t=Alien+Patrol

Thought it might be of interest to others. Do not get me wrong, i like their products and i really hope it all works out well and i get my bumper. But these guys need to be more up front with customers before they part with the funds, if there is a long wait period just say so, don't promise what you can not deliver!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts