Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO back story. Lost my prized (to me) 2005 Ford EX EB with 240K in divorce. Before I lost it I was pretty meticulous about maintenance. I'm not aware of the mileage on it now. Now I might have the opportunity to get it back. The mechanic that notified me about it said it was in the shop for a oil cooler repair but, my ex never came back for the vehicle. Do you guys think it's worth trying pursue or is just one of those let it go situations?

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Depending on how long it's been (sounds like a while) I would go look at it and see what it looks like now and make the decision from there. If your willing to put the work or cash into it to bring it back to where you want it to be I don't see why not get it back you can't buy a new one anymore.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Outside opinion:

if she knew it was your "prize" I would expect it to have taken her blunt wrath this entire time!

If it wasn't that long ago (<1yr) might be salvageable. Can't hurt to put eyes on her one more time - queue the Top Gun song...lmfao

Sorry just wanted to get ya to laugh.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Depending on how long it's been (sounds like a while) I would go look at it and see what it looks like now and make the decision from there. If your willing to put the work or cash into it to bring it back to where you want it to be I don't see why not get it back you can't buy a new one anymore.
I imagine she would have taken care of it being that it was her mode of transportation. I wish we could buy these things new...

Outside opinion:

if she knew it was your "prize" I would expect it to have taken her blunt wrath this entire time!

If it wasn't that long ago (<1yr) might be salvageable. Can't hurt to put eyes on her one more time - queue the Top Gun song...lmfao

Sorry just wanted to get ya to laugh.

I was thinking the same thing about the wrath but, she also had to haul our children it. It's been about 1 1/2 years since I have put my eyes on it. I just hope I can get it. MY mechanic can't get in touch with her and it's titled to her. I know that if I call her and ask for her to sign it over to me, she won't. I'm hoping she'll sign the title over to the mechanic and he'll sign it over to me. That's how it would go in a perfect world. I'll be putting on eyes in it next month so hopefully it will be available to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've gone and came back from looking at the EX and I've decided I'm going to opt out. My friend (the mechanic) went over it with me and let me know that it had been run out of oil twice because my ex didn't/wouldn't address the oil cooler leak, it needs glow plugs, tow mirrors are broken, and some other things that I'm not willing to deal with. Oh well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts