Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a 2005 F-250 PSD. Pretty nice truck, lowish miles. My first diesel truck. I bought it anticipating putting some money into it, and my reasons for it are to take my family out into the woods with maybe a small trailer, and to do so in a large, safe vehicle, also to make the occasional trip to lowes or home depot easier. My wife works from home, and this will be her DD as well. (I take the Crown Vic that she hates more than anything in the whole world for my 1.5 mile commute)

She runs great at the moment, however I am planning on a cluster or monitor device, and then likely a EGR delete (to use off road of course), oil cooler, blue spring, and coolant bypass system. Also anticipating a set of apr studs and gaskets, but I am hoping to do that only if I really need to, or later down the road.

I am relatively new to the Albuquerque area and hope to find a decent shop to do what I need done (recommendations?) . I wish I could do this stuff myself, but the farthest I have got on work on a vehicle was doing a fuel filter and replacing a pulley/new serpentine belt on the Vic. Got it done and everything went fine, but..... The inside of this truck's engine bay is about as cram packed full of everything, and 6 feet off the ground, and I can't make heads or tails out of anything in it. :eek:hnoes::laugh:

OK well, thanks for reading!

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Welcome neighbor! Ive got a uncle who lives in Rio Rancho as well, who happens to be a retired diesel mech that spent the last 15 years with Cummins. Ill give him a call and see who he suggest.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
welcome to the .org always glad to have new victims... i mean members!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'll Pm you some info on shops around here and congrats on the diesel!:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to some info. I talked to Matt at American Diesel for a good time about my truck. He gave me a pretty honest sounding assessment of the 6.0L (not quite as gloom and doom as you read here) and made me feel a little better. He also honestly stated that I should brace myself for a $900 oil change (implying that they often find an issue worth repairing, etc.) He did state that there is nothing wrong with the ford factory gold coolant, it just needs replacing sooner than what people have expected in the 7.3s. I couldn't really argue from experience, so I just listened to his remarks, and he didn't sound uneducated or misinformed along the way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the org. and the hood. Spent a lot of time in Rio Rancho. Currently living at bottom of the state. ( Las Cruces NM ) and Houston TX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts