Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a mount for rigid industries lights. i have not bought the lights yet but i will once i find a good mount. i like the mount that is on the bmf f250 with the big bar across the windshield but i would rather have something simple like a single bar across the front of the truck. i know they make a mount that geos in the bumper but i have a front license plate that would block that. do yall know of any?

·
Registered
213 Posts

I make a 3/16" bracket that is much stronger than the 1/16th rigid ones, holds a 20" and 2 dually or dually d2's

$75.00

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ken i really like that light bar but im leaning more towards the one greg put up. i really like that one! i wonder if they could put tabs on it that would fit the rigid lights?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
ken i really like that light bar but im leaning more towards the one greg put up. i really like that one! i wonder if they could put tabs on it that would fit the rigid lights?
I'd mount your light in the bumper instead of on a lightbar. Reason I say this is because these lightbars are expensive and easy to steal when they aren't concealed/secure. Bolting a light on a lightbar makes it an easy target to steal. Just my two cents.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
In the bumper looks cleaner, the light bars look like chit to me, jmop

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I agree in the bumper looks cleaner. But I like the look of that bar. And I'll put a tax weld on each bolt to prevent it from being stolen.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's the reason for the duallys, they block the bolts for the 20". You have to lay underneath to get this one off.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i gotcha, but like i said earlier, i have a license plate in the front and i think it would be better to go with the bar. ill probably just make one. ill let yall know how it turns out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The 20" Rigid setup that fits in the bumper makes for a very clean install. You can just relocate the license plate.

And you can pop that cheap bracket out with a flat screwdriver. Junk.

Such nice lights, such crap mounts.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The 20" Rigid setup that fits in the bumper makes for a very clean install. You can just relocate the license plate.

Where would you relocate the license plate to? Here in Illinois we gotta have a front plate also.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thought about that but that would look like crappy to me. I'm not sure. I also changed that spoiler to a 2wd one so mines half the size of the one in that pic

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just take the front plate off.. IF you get stopped, and IF they give you a ticket, it's just a fix-it ticket. No big deal... If you don't know someone to sign it off, it's not hard to remove the light bar and stick the plate on to have it signed off. In CA it's a whopping $10 fine if you can have your fix-it ticket signed off. Just put the bar back on after..

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Just take the front plate off.. IF you get stopped, and IF they give you a ticket, it's just a fix-it ticket. No big deal... If you don't know someone to sign it off, it's not hard to remove the light bar and stick the plate on to have it signed off. In CA it's a whopping $10 fine if you can have your fix-it ticket signed off. Just put the bar back on after..
Im supposed to have a plate on my truck... Quad fogs fit better there anyways:look:

:hehe:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to mount the little square duallys in place of the OEM fog lights.. Hmmm.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Or try it my way... 30" Sr uploadfromtaptalk1353508648447.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts