Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone has the answer. I have been looking at changing out my MPD 364.5 SXE turbo and the way I am going is requiring me to do a 2015+ upgrade kit. All of the upgrade kits appear to have a right side exhaust manifold in their packages. I have looked up the part numbers through Ford for the manifold and they all appear to be the same part# from 2012-2017. (I looked through the 2017 model year since the turbo they are now using for the 2015 is from the 2017 model year.) So, is it necessary to change this out, if so, why? Also does the 2015+ require new up pipes? I am having a hard time figuring that out as well. I am getting all these parts through Ford since I can source them cheaper than through other companies that have a "kit."

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
As far as the research goes I'd say that's cause Ford even stated that any older truck would get the new turbo and manifold under warranty.

Personal recommendation: Get a piping kit, BD Diesel exhaust manifolds. 2015+ turbo, 2015+ HPFP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as the research goes I'd say that's cause Ford even stated that any older truck would get the new turbo and manifold under warranty.

Personal recommendation: Get a piping kit, BD Diesel exhaust manifolds. 2015+ turbo, 2015+ HPFP.
@HeavyAssault, why do you suggest the BD over stock manifolds? How much of a pain are they to replace? Tips/ Tricks?

Any piping kit work or is there a best fit?

What is the difficulty with the HPFP for removal/ install? Also do you have the part# for the HPFP?

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
Have you looked at the BD Diesel web site?? They explain it better than me. Besides you are in there doing that work. Just an option.

I'd say the piping kits will fit, so it's your choice.

The HPFP is going to be reached with all the work you are already getting ready to do. There are companies selling the HPFP so they will have what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts