Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rig of the Year contest

Well, i was planning on doing this, but since its been brought up by someone else, i figured id get the ball rolling.

Im thinking we should do 2 ROTM's in january....one for ROTM, and one for ROTY. We will take all the past years ROTM winners and compile them into one large poll. We could have multiple prizes (first second and third) or one larger prize...etc....lets hear what you guys have for ideas and what anyone would want to offer as a prize. I think an actual prize would probably be best for this instead of percentages off.....but im open to any ideas!!!!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I definitely agree. Getting voted rig of the month is awesome enough, getting voted rig of the year out of all our members is a terrific feat! Isn't ROTM going for something like a 50-100 dollar prize? Perhaps there are some vendors out there willing to give away 500 dollars or more in upgrades?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is always the possibility of prizes from multiple vendors as well adam......each one might not be a ton more value wise but the combination would be....

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Marc said:
there is always the possibility of prizes from multiple vendors as well adam......each one might not be a ton more value wise but the combination would be....
True, I thought about that earlier tonight when I was looking through some ads in the new diesel power issue...multiple vendor prizes

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Maybe start voting in the begining of December, then New Years day we will know who won. Kinda something special for the new year. Just an idea. I'm sure we can come up with one of the prizes.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Probably one prize for 1st would be plenty, I would think anyway.

Maybe each vendor chip in alil money and it be a combined gift certificate to any of them? Or maybe a package of goodies each vendor chips in (like general performance stuff or maybe something the winner wants), kinda like a fruit gift basket but with diesel stuff? Could be anything from filters to gauges to exhaust tips to chips.

Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
(Larry on Patricks PC)
I am voting for Patrick! His truck is the fastest, meanest, coolest 6.0 on earth......(Now maybe he will buy me lunch next week!)

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Larry you are too funny!:funny:

Nate, sometimes those little things can really add up and be a welcome gift! I'm thinking that idea is on the right track... not necessarily ONE huge prize, but several smaller ones.:cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I woul go for the #1 truck. Thats the whole point of ROTY, right. One winner. I am all for a combined effort. Lets pool together and get one big prize for the winner. We all know some of the things a potential winner maight NEED are spendy, so kinda help a guy out.

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts