Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their Riff Raff Hot side boots fail? I have had mine for 4 years now without issue but I was thinking about replacing with a new set just in case........... thanks

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
You have had yours longer than me but no, i haven't had an issue with mine. I have had them for just shy of 2 years so only half the time of yours. Personally I don't see them failing for much longer than 4 years under normal conditions. I guess it also depends on how much you drive during that time also. Maybe someone who has had them for longer can provide a better answer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Had mine for 5 years and swapped them to a blue color recently.....I wanted to accessorize LOL.

In all honesty I was chasing what I thought was a boost issue, but they appeared to be in good shape.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had mine for 5 years and swapped them to a blue color recently.....I wanted to accessorize LOL.

In all honesty I was chasing what I thought was a boost issue, but they appeared to be in good shape.
thanks mine are still in good shape but i figured better safe than sorry, i havent had a boot issue in a while cause of these so i figured another 100 bucks for new riff raff boots and clamps again will give me 4 more years of driving without boot failures

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,782 Posts
Had mine for over 5 years and no issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
would doing a CCV delete or reroute lessen the chances of the boots failing? I'm thinking oil soak is one of the main culprits of CAC boots going bad?

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
Older Ford boots were susceptible to oil degradation but the updated ( years ago) version is oil resistant as are most aftermarket that we have recommended

CCV done right can be a benefit but can also cause issues
a properly clamped healthy boot is key

most folks never replace them till they blow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts