Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i dont know about you guys? But i notice every little thing wrong on my truck, and it bugs the crap out of me!!!! Today i just noticed a new tiny little dent right behind my back door. Looks like a rock bounced up and hit it. Its not bad, just bugs me!!!! And it doesnt help that my truck hasnt had mud flaps on it since it was new, it now has 172k miles. but i am working on that part. But i was wondering if any of you have rhino lined the bottom half of your truck????? If so, post me a picture. I am thinking about doing this now to help out my truck a little bit. I also want to know if it works out very well? I got a price of $1200 to do it. But that was going inside the doors too. Let me know what you think and if its worth it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My uncle did this to his, his paint color is white and it looks pretty good. its not half way up but its like a 2 tone paint job from ford, only with rhino liner. he also covered is tool box in it and it looks nice, that stuff is pretty tough so its a good thing to get if your that picky about dents and stuff. (sorry don't have any pics though)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am thinking about doing this just because my door jams are starting to rust. I was going to use Por 15 on my underbody. I heard this stuff is indestructable. I love the trucks with the rocker panels lined. I saw a Cummins truck that was fully rhino lined. It was pretty B**** looking.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey tank do you have your underbody coated?

·
Registered
224 Posts
i was just gonna get a powerwasher and blow off all dirt and flaking rust. The Por 15 is supposed to absorb into the rust and stop it from spreading. I thought you might have hurculined the under body. I did my truck bed with that stuff and i have no problem with it at all. Tough S*** that stuff is.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I was easy as hell to do...it's roll-on.

The most IMPORTANT part is...prep....you have to scuff up, every millimeter of clear coat, where your going to apply it.

I'm anal about stuff, because I only want to do things once

taking my time, it took me about 12 hours(with beer breaks) to scuff up everything...I used 120 grit sandpaper.

To do the rocker panels like I did...3-4 coats,...almost one gallon.

I have about 3 gallons total on the whole truck...bumpers, rockers, Safari rack.

If you need to talk to me before you do it,...call me during the day....504-915-7841 or night 504-391-8202

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was easy as hell to do...it's roll-on.

The most IMPORTANT part is...prep....you have to scuff up, every millimeter of clear coat, where your going to apply it.

I'm anal about stuff, because I only want to do things once

taking my time, it took me about 12 hours(with beer breaks) to scuff up everything...I used 120 grit sandpaper.

To do the rocker panels like I did...3-4 coats,...almost one gallon.

I have about 3 gallons total on the whole truck...bumpers, rockers, Safari rack.
alright. how much a gallon is that sutff? and whats it called agaiin exactly? How bad was it around the doors and what not?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
alright...I'll answer those last questions...then I'm going to bed.

price= about 100 bux a gallon

it's called Herculiner, and you can get it at almost any auto parts store.

"getting it around doors"....applying it is simple,..it's the sanding that took FOREVER.

gnite

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright...I'll answer those last questions...then I'm going to bed.

price= about 100 bux a gallon

it's called Herculiner, and you can get it at almost any auto parts store.

"getting it around doors"....applying it is simple,..it's the sanding that took FOREVER.

gnite
alright. thanks alot for the help. :thumb:

·
Registered
738 Posts
refer to origanal post top page one..

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
So i dont know about you guys? But i notice every little thing wrong on my truck, and it bugs the crap out of me!!!! Today i just noticed a new tiny little dent right behind my back door. Looks like a rock bounced up and hit it. Its not bad, just bugs me!!!! And it doesnt help that my truck hasnt had mud flaps on it since it was new, it now has 172k miles. but i am working on that part. But i was wondering if any of you have rhino lined the bottom half of your truck????? If so, post me a picture. I am thinking about doing this now to help out my truck a little bit. I also want to know if it works out very well? I got a price of $1200 to do it. But that was going inside the doors too. Let me know what you think and if its worth it.
I mite be interested in doing my truck too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts