Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about replacing my carpet in my truck or dying it cause of some spilled oil and stains.

Upon thinking about this I realized that it would cost just as much as using Rhino liner on my floors. But does anyone have any thoughts about using that inside a truck on the floor?

Good? Bad? Does it look good?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
People do it all the time. It's a tough, durable finish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see it in a lot of Jeeps. Especially at mud bogs.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
linex is top notch. herculiner takes a LOT of prep and it's a bit of hard work to do.. especially to do it right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree line x is good stuff. But don't cut any corners. Prep is key! U can never over prep " well if you start to see daylight through youre floor pan I guess". But u can under prep. I've seen some crappy jobs. And they'll peel quick.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Granted, for just the floor of your truck I wouldn't get TOO crazy like I would for the bed/bed rails/rockers... but still, if you dont have a clean floor the herculiner wont stick. And me personally, I wouldn't spend $500 on line-x'ing the floor of my truck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Granted, for just the floor of your truck I wouldn't get TOO crazy like I would for the bed/bed rails/rockers... but still, if you dont have a clean floor the herculiner wont stick. And me personally, I wouldn't spend $500 on line-x'ing the floor of my truck.
Line X from what Ive seen, you have to have someone spray that one don't you?

Cause I haven't seen any kits with that one but have seen the herculiner ones for $80.

As far as prep goes, I know the floor will need to be sanded real good, prolly almost to get all the paint off, then cleaned.

Any other prep I need to do?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes linex is sprayed in by a shop.

Make sure to just scuff the surface up with some 100grit sandpaper. Then make sure everything is CLEAN AND DRY. No dust, nothing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now which way would you guys go on this though.

Take the carpet out, power wash it and dye it, or use a bed liner on the floor?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The cab of your truck will become significantly louder. The padding under the carpet provides A LOT of noise dampening. If you don't mind the noise, go for it

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cab of your truck will become significantly louder. The padding under the carpet provides A LOT of noise dampening. If you don't mind the noise, go for it
I kinda think it would actual quiet it down some.

Dynamat is a sound damping product and isnt far behind on the same compound on what bedliner is.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Depends what your doing. I'd buy nice floor mats and call it a day

·
Registered
400 Posts
Depends what your doing. I'd buy nice floor mats and call it a day
I agree only time rhino lining is handy is when the vehicle is used for work or offroading where you can just spray the floor out

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree only time rhino lining is handy is when the vehicle is used for work or offroading where you can just spray the floor out
Well I don't offroad or anything, but I work on a farm. Sometimes gets a little muddy on the inside.

The liner would be a lot easier to clean period than it would be with carpet.

Don't you think?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Depends... get good Husky liners and they will cup all the mud/water in. I've used husky liners on the farm/offroad/woods/hunting and they work FANTASTIC at keeping the crap in. They are 100$ set for the fronts and like $100 set for the rears. both should include a piece for the tranny hump.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why dont you take your carpet out and replace it with a rubber floor liner like on XL models?

You can get a rubber floor liner from LMC

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why dont you take your carpet out and replace it with a rubber floor liner like on XL models?

You can get a rubber floor liner from LMC
That's what I'm pretty much doing. Using some type of bed liner.

And using a rubber floor, moisture can get under it and rust.

But with this liner its a bonds with it and is your floor, not just a cover up.
Besides, a rubber floor liner would prolly be a lot more than the bed liner kit.

Got the kit for $70

1 - 18 of 18 Posts