Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and couldn't find any posts that appeared to be the same problem as mine.

I have a 2000 f250, and I recently started having a transmission problem. The problem started as an issue where it would rev up briefly when I shifted from drive into park. It was pretty intermittant at first and got worse gradually. I read a post that mentioned a bad manual lever position sensor so I replaced it and it seemed to have no effect. Now on top of the revving in park I have an issue at stop signs. If I come to a complete stop and sit for more than about 5 seconds the od light starts blinking and it will take off in second unless I shift manually into first. The light will stop blinking once I get into the higher gears. If I stop at stop sign for only a second it takes off in first as normal. Any thoughts before I have to break down and take to the dealer to get the codes read.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I used my evolution controller to run the codes and I get p720, oss circuit fault. I pulled the output speed sensor, cleaned it, checked the resistance (1100 ohms) reinstalled it and reset the codes. I took it for a drive and as I was driving I kept checking the codes. I didn't get the code back until I shifted it from drive to park(and it reved up as usual in park). Why would shifting to park set a oss code?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had some what of the of the same problem rev. in park. is your shifting lever sloppy. i had to replace the shaft from the bottom of the shift lever down to the linkage. as to the od light a buddys of mine would flash but do nothing that i was aware of but it wound up being the the shaft itself he replaced it and never had a problem again.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing after I sit at a stop light for about 60 seconds. Have to manually shift first and second gear then it is fine until the next stop light. Sounds like we have the same problem here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found this site and am having the same problem. what did you all end up finding as the issue I would love to figure mine out i am pulling out my hair. thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have yet to fix it completely, however when the weather turned colder it stopped doing it. I am certain it will return in the spring. I know it is not in the gear selector sensor because I have removed the sensor and with the truck running I move the sensor to fool the truck that I am going from drive to park and it revs up even then. I keep getting a output speed sensor fualt but I have swapped the input and output speed sensors with no change. I thought maybe is was a wiring issue but why would change when the weather got colder. In the spring I will be installing a shift kit and changing the fluid so we will see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. Mine i have replaced all the trans sensors and the one on rear and nothing has changed. Mine is very sporadic it may not do it for day's then all of a sudden it happens. Had a shop scan it and they replaced one of the trans sensors for me but still no good. Think I will just live with it till it gets worse. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
i dont know what the code was but my buddy had an extremly sim. problem and a tranny guy fixed it it was a small plastic pice on oro in the tranny it was like a 40 dollar part and labor fix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts