Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
My bud did the install but he said it went smooth. (unlike the air lift kit he just put in) out with the old in with the new.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an 04' F350, 6.0 5 speed auto. A little over a year ago I was using a Super Chips Flash Paq tuner, One day I was getting on the highway, I laid into it to get into traffic, on the 3rd to 4th shift it just fell on its face & would not shift till I lifted a little. It was fine for about a week after. Then it started to do it all the time. I change the fluid every year right after plowing season & before towing season. This happened at about 130,000 miles. I started to look into it on the internet, Via others solutions I bought a SCT tuner. It did it with that to. OK, so I have 130k on it & I tow & plow. Took it the trans shop, they said they could not explain what it was doing but I had them pull it anyways. They said it was a pretty good shape inside. They tried new selonode packs, a complete rebuild (it was out & apart with 130k so what the hey) Well it is still doing it. I have had it to the dealer, they found some wires from the TPS (peddle) to the ECU that were not the right, they rewired from one to the other. $1000 buck later & it seemed to be ok, That was in March, just last week it has started again, worse than ever & its throwing code now. P0341, P2290, P0761, P2702. My question is this, has anyone found the real solution to this problem? Like I said I had it rebuilt, change the fluid & filters every spring, check the level all the time. It driving me nuts. I love my truck but I'm turning grey every time I drive it now. By the way I have 139,000 on it now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well after a few months of ****ing with it, its doing the same thing as well as dropping out of OD at 75mph then downshifting to 4th, it will slam, then shift back into OD. Checked the fluid and it doesnt seems to smell burnt, but its also not even showing on the hot side, never did get a chance to change the fluid but i will now.

Any solution for this? It's the exact thing my truck is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have an 08 with 88,000 miles on it, running ID tunes as well mostly xtreme race or xtreme street. Just got the new version 3.02 or 3.03 whatever the newest version is and it happened once so far with that. I have put about 500 miles on that new software yet. Revs and slams around 15-20 mph for me going around corners. Especially if theres a long straight away where i would get up to about 45-50mph then slow up for the corner. I've had it rev an slam in traffic going straight maybe 10-15mph. This happened to me about a week ago and after it slammed it was shifting fine except the TC would not lock up. I didn't really get the rpms up to see if i could force it to lock up because i didnt think that would be good and i was scared something else would go but after a few stop signs coming to complete stops an proceeding, it started to lock up again like normal an all has been well with it since.

Already delt with a ridiculous wiring problem that put my truck out for 2 months and now im scared that my tranny or tc is gonna go. Starting to feel like my truck an me arn't made to be together. Seems like one thing after another.

I'm gonna pull some codes and call sct an see if they know anything.

Anybody figure out how to fix it yet?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Finally found a solution that worked for me. Its been happening to me more and more over the last year. Got a Mag Hytech trans pan and did a complete flush using my dieselsite external transmission filter. Took 25 quarts to do the flush and have the tranny topped off at the end. Mag Hytech recommends that when checking the fluid level that you have the truck in drive. (Running, obviously), I chose to have a friends foot on the brake. But I suppose you could have the wheels chocked and the parking brake set. Chose your poison. I'm not responsible if you truck crashes in to the garage door. Lol
Hope this helps. I've been looking for a solution for the last two years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Has anyone mentioned the go-go direct drive solenoid? Im sorry if so I didn't take the time to read 17 pages. It fixes my rev slam issues

·
Registered
707 Posts
Has anyone mentioned the go-go direct drive solenoid? Im sorry if so I didn't take the time to read 17 pages. It fixes my rev slam issues
Which gears does your go go solenoid cover that fixed your problem?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Performance truck products has them. $150. It fixes the 3-5 shifts. Look on this forum for the complete go-go solenoid thread. I just saw it so it should show up on the first or second page of one of the categorys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have changed the direct drive solenoid to the one from Performance truck and it still does the exact symptoms. Taking off in wrong gear, erratic shifting and also the p0761 and p2702 codes. Spartan tuned. Has anyone solved this problem?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Get good tunes...
I have changed the direct drive solenoid to the one from Performance truck and it still does the exact symptoms. Taking off in wrong gear, erratic shifting and also the p0761 and p2702 codes. Spartan tuned. Has anyone solved this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get good tunes...
Hate to bring up an old thread but.

Got new tuner SCT GTX with Chaos tunes, Studded engine with new o ringed heads, new up pipes and etc.

Transmission still acting up. Actually acting worse now then before. While truck was in shop they changed fluids and filters in transmission and they said looked clean.

Do you think the transmission module could be at fault?

I can stop at a red light and be in 1st gear and after a few seconds it automatically shifts to 3rd. Sometimes when taking off it will jump around and stay in 4th, yes 4th.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts