Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has happened a few times, but not this bad. I have 42K miles on it but what happens is when i came around a corner, I let it idle around then give it some gas and it reved to about 2000rpms and so i knew what it was going to do so i let off before it slamed and did this 2 more times then it put a looked to be about 5/8s to 3/4 :wink[3]: wrench on the screen and wouldnt let me leave that gear any more, so I cleared the code? Any Ideas. I am thinking take it to ford and have the tranny flushed and external filter changed?? Any ideas

·
Registered
80 Posts
Transmission fluid level? How does the fluid smell?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be the truck going into limp mode. The tranny has to be slipping bad for it to put it into limp mode. What tuning are you running, if any?
Spartan 250

I am going to take my truck to my local ford shop and have them flush the fluids and change the external filter

·
Registered
154 Posts
Join the club... nice to have a new member..... my truck does this stock and tuned. when i change the fluid and filters it helps but to me it seams like the solinoid is sticking.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has probably done it about 4-6 times but thats the only time it went into limp mode.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Ya thats the trans way of telling you it has problems in side. Mine did the same thing right before my torque converter exploded!

·
Registered
132 Posts
are you throwing a code that says solenoid D stuck or off this is what my tranny started doing driving in tow haul is the only way my tc will lock up

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had the same with C solenoid. Sat overnight and was good next day. Still replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what the code said, I was stuck in 2nd trying to do 35mph @2750RPMs I had to clear them really quick.

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Mine has done it since the day i bought it new. 50000 miles later the tranny is still fine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
mine has also done this about 6 times in one month!!!! only time will tell

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Spartaned my truck at 27,000. Now it has 43,000.
My truck does this I would estimate every 750 miles. Scenario goes something like:
driving normally, coast around turn at 30-45 mph, roll back into throttle and it seams transmission forgets it's in gear, I realize it's happening again and let off the throttle, then...... BAM!
It sometimes will then stick in 3rd gear and you will have to cycle the key, then all is well.
Any recommendations?
I've had the transmission serviced by the Ford dealer every 15k.:confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do you have the latest updates?
Mine use to do it from time to time as well...then i got the new updates in december and i cannot recall it ever happening since then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine has been doing the rev/slam every so often for the last two years. it finally broke last night, i was driving about 70mph and it locked up like you put it in park, and then broke free, i was able to limp it home, it only has third gear kinda of. also you put it in neutral and it goes in reverse, this morning i was trying to move it out of the drive and it would go forward about ten feet and then lock up. it is at ford now, waiting to see what they say.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well, I spoke to soon. Mine did the rev-slam yesterday. Slowed for a right turn merge and when i went to accelerate it stumbled and then slammed into gear...it was much softer than previous slams though.

keep us posted on your problem.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hasnt really done it, at least where i can recall, but I still havent gotten the tranny flush yet.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Everyone seems to relate it to turning. hmmm.
na, mine has done it on straight stretches of road as well...usually when having just slowed down but not completely stopped for a light or because i hig a lower speed limit zone and had been coasting prior to accelerating again.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts