Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will OEM reverse sensors still work if the factory 6 disk cd player is removed. If not is there a way to make them work? Looking to install Navi. Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am not 100% sure about the 6.0s but I did this in my 08 6.4 and had no problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering was it Factory Navi you installed with no problem or aftermarket?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I put a Pioneer Avic Z2 in. At least in the 08s the reverse sensors are not in any way tied to the stereo. The tones come from a separate little speaker.

I can look at a buddies 07 tomorrow night if nobody else comes back with a more definite answer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have an '05 that they could check to see if there is a seperate speaker for the reverse sensor beep? My wifes has a freestyle and it sounds like hers comes through the radio speakers. Thanks. :dunno:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with my friend.

I just had a thought though. What about removing the radio fuse and seeing if the sensors still work? (probably lose radio settings)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RDKL, that is no problem at all I appreciate you getting back. That is a fantastic idea about the fuse. I will try that shortly and let you know. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have an 05 and I dont think they come through the stereo speakers. I will listen in a little while and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
223 Posts
it still works when you change the stereo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, thanks for all the replies. I just pulled the wifes freestyle fuse out and they still worked. So now i know we can both get nav. :woot:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting. My truck had backup sensors but I guess the previous owner backed into something because the bumper doesn't have the sensors in it. But I have the switch on the dash. I was going to get them from the junkyard or something but didn't want to risk them not working with replacing the stock HU. Thank you for the info.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sweet, thanks for all the replies. I just pulled the wifes freestyle fuse out and they still worked. So now i know we can both get nav. :woot:
Ah, the wife's car. Good choice. You don't have to lose your stations!!! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 06 F350 Lariat has an apparent replacement Ford radio, as it's the same basic AM/FM found in the XL my business used to own. I know it once had a CD player b/c of the steering wheel controls (that don't work in regard to the radio at this point). My backup sensors still do indeed work, and I do not have a 6 disc CD changer in the truck. Hope this helps, let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i know my 03 7.3 has the sensors and there is a little speaker in the dash i can see the holes from it will actually kinda under the steering wheel but yea i know im kind late but i still thought i would throw my 2cents in there

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I have an 05 and I replaced the factory stereo with a Pioneer AVIC-D1 some time ago. Beep comes from a diff speaker, only issue is your stereo volume does not get turned down when the reverse sensors beep. With the OEM stereo it actually turns volume down on the stereo when the sensors beep, but on my aftermarket one.

Good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts